The Ashokan Center is currently seeking a full-time executive director. The ED will work with the Board of Directors and the senior management team to provide strategic leadership for the Center. The ED will be responsible for ensuring that the Center's programs and business model sustain its mission and vision, and advance its goal of becoming the region's premier environmental education and retreat facility. The ED will develop, maintain and promote the Center as a 21st century leader for sustainable living, artistic expression and community building.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Managing programs, facilities, and personnel;
- Ensuring fiscally sound budgeting, forecasting, and management of revenues and expenses;
- Developing and implementing a strategic plan and growth strategy for programs and business that supports the organization's mission; and
- Fundraising and marketing.
Required experience and qualifications include:
- A proven track record at successfully developing and supervising staff, managing a budget and meeting revenue goals, marketing, fundraising, and delivering programs and services;
- Senior executive experience, preferably in a non-profit setting, as well as management experience in education, place-based learning, and/or sustainability programs;
- Knowledge of school systems and the educational community served by the Ashokan Center; and
- The ability to foster and maintain positive, collaborative relationships with personnel, customers, vendors, local and national partners, and other stakeholders.
Salary will be competitive, based on experience and qualifications, with a full benefits package.
Target start date is November-December, 2013.
How to apply
For a full description of the position and how to apply, visit
477 Beaverkill Road, Olivebridge, New York, 12461, United States