Executive Director, Houston Area Chapter, PHA
This hire will be responsible to build the Pulmonary Hypertension Association’s first chapter from the ground level up in the Houston area. He/she will lead with passion the chapter and staff to ensure fundraising growth and strong financial and human resource management. Develop and nurture relationships with key volunteers, donors, and chapter staff. Responsible for strategic planning, budgeting and revenue planning for the chapter office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for achievement of chapter revenue goals
- Ensure overall profitability and productivity of chapter
- Play leadership role in development of Major Gifts within market
- Oversee the development of chapter revenue goals and operational budgets
- Recruit, cultivate, and nurture (local) corporate sponsors
- Recruit, interview, hire, orient, train and monitor development of staff
- Ensure effective chapter operations including administrative systems and record keeping
- Conduct annual performance reviews, recommends raises for chapter staff
- Network with PH families, volunteers and donors
- Manage HR issues of chapter including conflict resolution
- Investigate market potential, recommend and implement short and long-term goals
- Develop volunteer recruitment initiative in chapter to recruit new leadership
- Effectively resolve all chapter issues with staff, volunteers, and donors
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- 4 year college degree and 7-10 years related development experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Special events and major gifts experience
- 2 years management experience
- Comfortable asking for and achieving commitments for the PHA
- Strong interpersonal skills (verbal and written) necessary in order to communicate diplomatically and effectively with volunteers, donors, and staff and provide information with courtesy and tact
- Volunteer management experience
- Strong management abilities to supervise staff, handle multiple tasks, prioritize and keep organized to ensure timely and accurate work.
- Ability to concentrate on details when working on evaluation procedures, preparing budgets or other necessary reports.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Initiative, follow-through, sound and accurate judgment with the ability to support and explain reasoning for decisions.
- Strong professional ethics which include approaching others in a tactful manner; reacting well under pressure; treating others with respect and consideration; dealing with confidential patient information; accepting responsibility for actions; and following through on commitments.
Reports to Executive Vice President
Supervises all office staff, including: Associate ED, Development Directors, Senior Development Directors, Development Managers, Logistic Specialists
Travel to meetings and events as necessary throughout the Central Texas region.
- Work nights and weekends as necessary to attend meetings and events
- Must have access to reliable transportation and ability to travel to meetings or events at different locations.
- Use of computer required
- Sitting, bending, reaching, and walking
- Some heavy lifting (50lbs) may be required
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements. The Pulmonary Hypertension Association is an equal opportunity employer. For more about the PHA see: http://www.phassociation.org/
How to apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements by email to Carl Hicks at CarlH@PHAssociation.org.