The Pomperaug Watershed Coalition (PRWC), a non-profit water resource conservation organization based in Woodbury, CT is seeking an Executive Director.
PRWC’s primary mission is protecting the quantity and quality of the water within the 90 square mile Pomperaug River Watershed and aquifer that provides water to area towns and contributes significantly to the scenic beauty and the natural ecology of the region.
PRWC focuses on scientific investigation and fact finding that increases our understanding of our water resources. We proactively share this knowledge along with information on sustainable best practices for protecting our water.
The Coalition works collaboratively with town, State, and Federal officials, conservation partners such as the Housatonic Valley Association and Connecticut Community Foundation, local water companies, and other stakeholders to identify and responsibly address important water related issues.
Since its founding in 1999 by conservation-minded citizens, PRWC pioneering initiatives and support have been well recognized within the State and at the National level.
Learn more about our organization and specific programs and initiatives at:
The Executive Director (ED) reports to the Chairperson of the Board of Directors and is responsible for carrying out priorities and programs delineated in a Strategic Plan developed in concert with the Board. The ED oversees the activities of a full time Outreach Director, and part-time Development consultant and Administrative consultant. PRWC’s Fiscal 2013 Budget is $150,000.
Main responsibilities include:
- Enthusiastically support the Coalition’ s Mission
- Liaison with staff, Board of Directors and Advisory Board
- Program development and execution
- Stakeholder alliances and relationship management (Town, State, Water Companies, Conservation Partners and others)
- Fundraising and donor relations
- Staff direction and administration
- Financial management, including budgeting, reporting and general administration
- Volunteer and Membership development
- Public and media relations
- Grant writing and management
Education and Experience
- A graduate degree or equivalent in non-profit administration, business administration, planning, environmental policy, science, or natural resource management.
- Five or more years of professional experience in business, public, or nonprofit management; environmental planning or watershed management.
- Understanding of local, state, and federal environmental policies and regulations protecting rivers, aquifers and riparian lands.
- Relevant experience with watershed management and research, project management, fundraising, volunteer organizing, public relations, financial management, personnel management, and web site utilization.
Motivation and Communications Skills
- Demonstrate a commitment to the Coalitions’ mission.
- Confident, energetic and creative self-starter.
- A team leader and team player.
- Excellent organizational, speaking, interpersonal and writing skills.
- Comfortable with fund raising and speaking to large groups, managing teams, chairing committees, and working independently.
Salary and Benefits
Compensation commensurate with experience. Less than full time option can be explored.
The PRWC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Application Process: Please submit a resume and one page letter indicating why you believe you would be successful in this position and your compensation requirements via email to: SearchCommittee@pomperaug.org not later than March 31, 2013
- Search Committee
The Pomperaug River Watershed Coalition, Inc. 39 Sherman Hill Road
Woodbury, CT 06798
- If you have questions concerning this position please send contact information to the above email address and someone from the Search Committee will contact you.