CleanTech OC was formed in early 2010 as part of a collaborative effort led by regional cleantech entrepreneurs, civic leaders, academic institutions, and private companies seeking to serve and grow the emerging Orange County clean technology hub. As a 501(c)(6) trade association, CleanTech OC is the connective tissue of the regional industry, and advocates for greater investment in renewables and adoption of smart technologies that promise a more sustainable present and future. With nearly 100 member companies, our organization has been recognized as the industry’s advocate in the region, and our goal is to become the premier clean technology association in southern California.
The CleanTech OC Board of Directors is seeking a passionate and experienced Executive Director that is able to strategically build upon the foundation laid over the past three years since our inception. The Executive Director will collaborate closely with our leadership and the Board of Directors, and will serve at the pleasure of the Board. This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic and innovative leader with a successful track record in the development of high impact organizations, fundraising, and building lasting partnerships to lead CleanTech OC in effectively serving our budding regional industry hub. Our organization, like the cleantech industry, is at an important point in its growth, and we face unique opportunities to advance our mission and serve our members.
- Manage and collaborate with staff to ensure fulfillment of our mission, and achievement of goals set by the Board.
- Work with members of the Board to develop and implement strategic plans, mission strategies, annual goals, and operating budgets.
- Collaborate with strategic partners to creatively enhance visibility of our industry members beyond Orange County.
- Monitor industry developments, engage potential partners where appropriate to advance CleanTech OC’s mission while also serving the needs of the industry.
- Build on relationships and establish new ones within private capital providers to attract further interest from investors for our member companies.
- Lead the planning of our public events, collaborate with staff in execution, and recruit sponsors and partners. CleanTech OC typically hosts eight-ten events every year, and these are some of our most vital public-facing initiatives.
- Work with staff to enhance association’s web presence, and spearhead a revamp of our website.
- Personally identify and secure stable sources of funding for programs and other mission-related initiatives.
- Collaborate with Development Manager to determine realistic and ambitious development benchmarks, set strategy to achieve goals, and report progress to the Board on quarterly basis.
- Further develop prospect universe, while also maintaining existing members and sponsors.
Regional leadership & strategic partnerships
- Serve as a public voice of CleanTech OC and its Board of Directors.
- Collaborate with Director/COO, President, and the Board to continue building strategic partnerships throughout California, and leverage those partnerships to fulfill the organization’s mission.
- Establish and strengthen relationships with executive-level partners in the broader community, including elected officials, business leaders, policymakers, leading academics, and entrepreneurs.
- Raising awareness and increasing brand recognition of CleanTech OC.
- Serve as a conduit for the regional industry, making strategic introductions and fostering relationships between our partners.
- A track record of professional achievement in a cleantech, nonprofit, or social enterprise environment, with increasingly responsible management experience.
- Demonstrable business and program development experience.
- Extensive and demonstrable experience with fundraising. The ideal candidate has established and maintained a high-performing development operation with sustained engagement of large and small contributors/clients.
- Demonstrated success recruiting, maintaining, and contributing to the professional development of a talented team.
- Exceptional communication and relationship-building skills, and the ability to work with a professionally diverse constituency.
- Strong financial management skills with the ability to be resourceful and set clear priorities.
- Ideal candidate will have extensive professional network within southern California, and a passion for the clean technology industry and sustainability.
How to apply
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply with the knowledge that this is a confidential process and will be handled accordingly. References will not be contacted by the hiring committee until mutual interest has been established, and all written materials will be reviewed and evaluated by the hiring committee. To be considered, please e-mail a cover letter and resume by Friday, March 8, 2013 to email@example.com. CleanTech OC is committed to workplace diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.