City Harvest is seeking a detail-orientated, highly organized, energetic self-starter with a positive "can-do" attitude to help manage the events and fundraising strategy for smaller scale special projects and events throughout the year. This position is a great opportunity for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit who is interested in getting involved with a project on the ground floor, taking ideas from concept to reality. This position is for a motivated go-getter who can leverage City Harvest assets to create exceptional programs related to event fundraising and partnerships. This position is based in Midtown and will involve travel to other parts of the city especially to our Long Island City Food Rescue Facility (FRF).
- · Work closely with the Director of Special Events to help evaluate, develop and produce innovative new events and projects related to event fundraising and partnerships. This position will also help support other fundraising areas with their event production requests on an as needed basis.
- ·Developing and creating "sellable" opportunities around small events and projects. Working in conjunction with New Business Development and Partnerships to sell these opportunities by conducting research, strategizing next steps, developing proposals and making the sale.
- ·Manage calendar and details of all events related to new kitchen project which may include private donor dinners, chef cooking demos, cultivation events, corporate activities, etc. (must have the ability to work a modified schedule, at certain specific times around events).
- · Liaise with department leaders and others involved to create detailed project plans that document, schedule, coordinate and track all tasks and deliverables connected to each partnership and event.
- · Schedule and attend planning meetings and site visits, sometimes working with event production companies or caterers on event logistics and on-site event management.
- · Manage basic event logistics and collateral, as well as celebrity chef recruitment and on-site handling, for various events including benefit dinners for high-level donors, cultivation events, corporate dinners and cooking demonstrations for Nutrition Education programs, among others.
- · Perform research and competitive intelligence work,researching latest trends and current best business practices.
- · Support special events department with tasks related to the major fundraising events, as needed, which may include payment processing, donor outreach, data entry, acknowledgements, event material mailings, on-site event support.
- BA College degree required.
- 4-6 years of relevant experience in the events industry required; a combination of prior experience in project management, event sales and hospitality industry a strong plus.
- Superb oral, written, communication (people) skills with strong sales, initiative & follow-up skills essential.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; strong knowledge of Excel.
- Must have creativity together with excellent organization skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize multiple projects, often against tight deadlines.
- Excellent judgment and professionalism; must be comfortable maintaining relationships with donors, outside vendors, chefs and restaurant partners.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment, under pressure and have the ability to address issues that arise on-site with ease.
- · Ability to work some nights and weekends, as needed.
- · Strategic, creative thinker with excellent judgment and positive attitude.
- Strong ability to work proactively and take initiative, both individually as well as a part of the Special Events team.
- Interest in the New York City restaurant and food industry a plus.
To apply please use the following link: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=5993621
6 East 32nd St. Fifth Floor, New York, New York, 10016, United States