General Overview: CPLP provides youth between the ages of 13 and 18 with numerous meaningful opportunities to develop academically, emotionally, and personally to become better leaders and better role models within their own peer groups and in the community at large. CPLP offers several different afterschool clubs and programs for students to participate in such as New York Cares, Building Better Men (male empowerment group), and Sisters to Hermanas (female empowerment group). In addition to offering these leadership/youth development opportunities for our students, we host a variety of events throughout the year including our end of the year ceremony and end of the year trip. To help CPLP provide as many great opportunities for our students as possible, we are looking for a dynamic, creative, talented individual who has a passion for organizing, planning and promoting special events.
Under the supervision of the Program Director, the Event Specialist will be responsible for performing each essential duty to the highest potential. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and ability required, but are not limited to:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Co-coordinating and Promoting CPLP afterschool programs and events using fun, innovative, and creative ways to ensure the highest level of student participation
- Creating flyers and posters to help promote all events
- Facilitating student recruitment for all CPLP afterschool programs and events
- Corresponding and following up with students that commit to CPLP afterschool programs and events
- Work closely with CPLP Career Counselor to organize and promote service learning projects and career-related events such as information sessions and fairs
- Bachelor’s degree or currently working on Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience in event planning.
- Have a strong passion/desire to engage youth in afterschool programs and other leadership opportunities
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Powerpoint, Excel and Publisher (to assist with organizing events and creating flyers for events)
Send Resume and Cover Letter via email no phone calls! Please indicate position title on subject line “Event Specialist”
337 Alexander Avenue, Bronx, New York, 10454, United States