- Bachelors degree preferred or a minimum of four (4) years of direct academic teaching work Previous ESL classroom teaching experience focused on student-centered learning
- Certified to teach in NYS preferred.
- Minimum of two years direct supervision with support teaching personnel.
- NYS DOH finger printing requirements.
- Computer proficiency in Windows 2000/XP and other Microsoft programs and knowledge of competency based training systems.
- Yearly physical/TB test per OST Medical requirements.
- Knowledge of New York State Education local requirements & IEP.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in curriculum/lesson plan development, classroom management, and facilitating advisory youth councils required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare materials and classrooms for activities.
- Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods such as lectures, discussions and demonstration.
- Plans curriculum and develops lesson plans. Develops contextual learning modules relevant to areas of interest for adults.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records.
- Assess each customer’s academic strengths and weaknesses through the interpretation of previous test results and through the administration of diagnostic tests.
- Knowledge of the mission, policies and procedures of the Association; ability to understand and interpret the Association’s mission, policies and procedures clearly and accurately.
- Responsible for submitting completed and timely timesheets.
- Other relevant duties may be assigned.
- Program will run from January 6, 2014 to June30, 2014
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
39-42 59th Street, 2nd Floor, Woodside, NY, 11377, US