Job Title: Environmental Programs Associate
Reports to: Environmental Grants Manager
Date: January 2013
Location: Ventura, CA
Please indicate the specific position you are applying for either in the email subject line, and/or in your cover letter; if sending in a general application, please indicate it as such. Try to keep the size of your email under 500K (including attachments).
The Environmental Programs Associate assists in the implementation of the Environmental Grants Program. The Associate is responsible for researching and processing funding requests, assisting in the coordination of the Environmental Grants Council, making funding recommendations, networking with and tracking grant recipients, and managing and maintaining all forms of grant information (database, files, etc.). S/he is responsible for identifying organizations appropriate to receive non-cash services and establishing in-depth, long term relationships with those groups. S/he also facilities and oversees on-campus activism of all types.
Essential Job Functions:
• Research and respond to funding requests in a timely manner.
• Assist with coordination of the Environmental Grants Council, including running elections for new members, facilitating training, and preparing materials and coordinating details for meetings.
• Assist with International Grants process, through work with the Tides Foundation and all international grants managers.
• Network with activists and grant makers in an effort to stay connected to environmental field.
• Manage all recipient information and communication tracking through database maintenance, training, and upkeep.
• Follow up with grant recipients to track and evaluate success of the Company's grants programs.
• Respond to requests for information, questions and complaints about grant decisions and the Company's environmental stance.
• Assist with theme development and implementation of environmental campaigns.
• Coordinate environmental web updates and necessary changes with the web team on a regular basis.
• Produce annual grants list, as well as other needed pieces for annual Environmental Initiatives Book.
• Assist with the planning and execution of the biannual Tools for Grassroots Activists Conference.
• Facilitate and expand Company activism through events, committee development and oversight. Act as spokesperson for Environmental Program at various events.
• Assist with coordination and implementation of non-cash services.
• Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
• Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
• Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and (at times noisy) work environment.
• Must be able to travel domestically and internationally utilizing various transportation methods.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in a related field required.
• Minimum 3-5 years' experience in the environmental movement including responsibility for campaign development and strategy.
• Working knowledge of global environmental issues and understanding of the political process.
• Excellent writing skills with experience as a ghost writer.
• Public speaking and/or public relations skills.
• Outdoor enthusiast, athlete and product user.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Windows, and Excel. Experience in project management and grants management software helpful.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.