Summary: Responsible for developing and implementing environmental education programs including vacation and summer day camps, Naturalist-in-the-Classroom programs, school field trips, on-site public & family programs and special events and functions. The Environmental Educator position is for 35 hours per week with full benefits and is supervised by the Education Director.
• Plan, deliver and evaluate environmental education programs at PFEEC including vacation and summer day camps, Naturalist-in-the-Classroom programs, school field trips, on-site public & family programs, special events and functions, and others as appropriate.
• Assist in writing program descriptions for newsletters and program guides.
• Assist with education program planning including working with other staff to develop marketing materials, manage registration paperwork, communication with schools, help lead seasonal staff training.
• Management and care of existing education program materials, supplies and equipment as well as the development of new ones as needed.
• Implement Naturalist-in-the-Classroom programs including maintaining necessary annual paperwork, providing resources for teachers, modeling place-based and inquiry learning through teaching, assisting schools with correlating curriculum to NH Frameworks, keeping records of time spent on programs and writing an annual report.
• Participate in regular PFEEC staff meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree minimum ; Master's Degree preferred in environmental education, education or related field
• Experience in environmental educational program planning, development and implementation
• Experience working with people of all ages in an outdoor environmental education setting
• Strong, demonstrable background in and passion for natural history & gardening
• Creative and enthusiastic communication/presentation skills
• Flexibility to regularly shift schedule to include weekend programs
• Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
• Wilderness First Aid & CPR certification
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office software
• Valid driver's license and good driving record
• Ability to lead groups of children and adults in outdoor program settings including moderate level hiking/snowshoeing.
• Must pass a criminal background check.
Status: Hourly, full-time, year-round (35 hours/week)
Benefits: Health insurance, retirement plan, life insurance and Long Term Disability Income insurance, paid holidays and vacation.
928 White Oaks Road
Laconia, New Hampshire 03246