Position: English Language Instructor/Teacher Trainer
Location: Sangkhlaburi, Kanchanaburi, Thailand
School: MNEC Post-10 2nd Year (English Immersion & Teacher Training Program)
Salary: Commencing at 16,000 Baht/month. Negotiable depending on experience.
Type: Full time, 1-year contract
Position dates: May 12, 2014 ; May 11, 2015
Last date to apply: February 14, 2014
Mon National Education Committee (MNEC) with the support of World Education Thailand is now recruiting for one (1) full time staff member in the position of
English Language Instructor/Teacher Trainer
for the MNEC Post-10 2nd Year Program in Sangkhlaburi, Thailand.
The MNEC Post-Ten Program is a two-year academic English program for motivated young adults (17-25 years old) from Mon State, Burma, followed by a two-year teaching internship in Burma. After the first year of pre-intermediate English in Mon State, 15 of the brightest and most dedicated students are chosen to attend the second year in Sangkhlaburi where they learn intermediate-advanced English language, basic computer skills and the basic pedagogical and management skills of student-centered learning to prepare them for applying their English language skills to their after-school life, including teaching in their home communities for the following two years.
MNEC Post-Ten 2nd Year Instructors are expected to teach 3 hours of lessons, 5 days a week based on a pre-designed (though flexible) English and teacher-training curriculum, and participate in all aspects of academic, extracurricular, community, and administrative life at the school.
- Plan and deliver participatory, student-centered classes on intermediate English skills and teacher training based on a pre-designed curriculum 3 hours a day, 5 days a week
- Document, provide feedback on, and and revise curriculum units for future teachers
- Document, prepare and administer exams and projects at the end of each trimester and in an ongoing basis
- Provide academic support to students through office hours at least two evenings per week and in individual feedback
- Coordinate practical teaching opportunities for Post-Ten students at local primary schools
- Model student-centered lessons at local primary schools for Post-Ten students to observe and reflect on
- Supervise and assess students' practical teaching and projects
- Coordinate guest speakers and trainers from local community based organizations (CBOs)
- Plan after school activities such as sports, games, movie nights, leadership council, etc.
- As educator on site, model interactive, cooperative learning with staff and students through a participatory leadership style
- Attend and participate actively in weekly school management meetings and facilitate disciplinary action with MNEC students where necessary.
- Help maintain meaningful partnerships between local CBOs/NGOs, the community, and MNEC through correspondence, meetings, joint projects, and campus events
- Participate in the recruitment of staff for the 2015 - 2016 school year
- Bachelors Degree (BA, BSc and / or TESOL certification) or relevant experience
- Native or Native-like English Proficiency
- At least one year experience in teaching adult English language learners
- Experience with teacher training and/or work with children/adolescents
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Comfort living and working in low resource settings
- Highly motivated and flexible
- Culturally sensitive and discrete
- International experience with non-governmental and community based organizations a plus
Competent in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and internet search functions
How to apply
- By e-mail: email@example.com
- Send attachments of a cover letter (include Skype account), resume and contact information of three references (e-mail & Skype).
- Make sure all attachments include the type of document and your name (Resume_Applicant's Name.doc).
- For the subject of the e-mail please title it with the following:
- Teaching Application ; Applicant's Name.
Please note that only short-listed interview candidates will be contacted.
PO Box 11, Sangkhalaburi, Kanchanaburi, 71240, Thailand