Energy Solutions was founded in 1995 to address climate change and sustainability issues using market-based approaches. We specialize in energy efficiency program design and implementation, emerging technology assessments and demand response as well as solar and other renewable energy system feasibility studies. Energy Solutions also has an information systems team that allows us to deliver sophisticated solutions that involve data analysis, metering, and automation. In our 19 years, we have built a solid reputation for quality services that routinely exceed our utility, governmental and private sector clients' expectations.
Energy Solutions is a fast-paced and innovative firm with 80+ employees and has recently rolled out an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We are rapidly expanding our client base, as well as developing new services for clients. We are looking to fill an Energy Efficiency Associate position in our Long Beach office. As a member of the Energy Solutions team, you will have a broad impact on energy efficiency markets and greenhouse gas reductions through our work for major California and Nevada utilities, the California Public Utilities Commission, and other national leaders in energy efficiency. This unique blend creates a perfect environment for individuals who want to have an active voice in shaping the energy future in California and beyond.
Daily responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Technology research and literature searches
- Technical and economic analyses of projects and technologies using models built in Microsoft Excel
- Organization and facilitation of in-person meetings and conference calls
- Program outreach
- Energy savings calculations
- Assisting with program design, marketing and implementation
- Monitoring the progress of projects and communicating progress to management
- Bachelor's degree in an energy-related discipline. Engineering, environmental policy, business, and natural resource backgrounds are all applicable.
- Writing, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Math and engineering fundamentals preferred
- Competency with technical and scientific topics/analysis
- Attention to detail
- Desire to work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to manage project tasks with minimal oversight
Energy Solutions currently has two offices, allowing us to tailor our services to clients based on location. The Long Beach office provides support for our growing Southern California client base. Compensation is commensurate with experience, and includes a generous retirement package. Energy Solutions provides an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, other pre-tax contribution plans and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Please email a cover letter with your available start date and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about Energy Solutions, please visit us on our website at www.energy-solution.com. Information will be requested to perform the compulsory background check. EOE.
How to apply
Please send an email with your resume and cover letter attached to email@example.com. Be sure to include the title of the position you are applying for in the subject heading.
200 Pine Avenue, Suite 640, Long Beach, CA, 90802, US