The Cloud Forest School is a bilingual, progressive PreK–11th grade private school located in rural Monteverde, Costa Rica. Our educational and institutional philosophy is founded in sustainability and economic justice. Ninety-five percent (95%) of our 200 students are Costa Rican, 5% are international students (generally from the US and Canada), and more than 75% of our local students receive deeply discounted tuition. Our staff of 38 is made up of half Costa Rican and half international professionals deeply dedicated to progressive, bi-lingual education.
The Cloud Forest School is proud to hire experienced, certified teachers from around the world. We begin to identify and post available positions in late January/early February, interview (via Skype and/or telephone) in March and April, and make hiring decisions in May. Our school year runs from mid-August to early June. Please check back regularly as listings will continue to be updated through mid-February.
Available Positions for January 2014 start:
- Kindergarten Teacher
- 3rd Grade Teacher
If our missionspeaks to you, and you are:
- A certifiedteacher with 3-5 years experience (not exclusively TESOL, TEFL, TOEFL, etc.)
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Experienced in progressive education
- Willing to make a multi-year commitment
- A team player, willing to collaborate across grade levels and disciplines
- Willing and eager to grow as a person and a professional
- Positive and adventurous