We are seeking individuals who are passionate about serving an urban population and contributing to a dynamic school committed to educational excellence. We are currently accepting applications for anElementary Lead Teacher.
- Are completely committed to doing whatever it takes to ensure that every student excels;
- Are unrelenting in the pursuit of excellence;
- Have a demonstrated track record of literacy and numeracy achievement in elementary-aged children;
- Implement and improve the school’s curriculum and serve as a leader who promotes a school-wide culture of excellence;
- Believe that assessments measure academic progress and data drives high quality instruction;
- Utilize assessment data to improve instruction and skill mastery; and
- Build meaningful relationships with families and engage them in their children’s education
- 3 or more years of teaching experience
- Commitment to the philosophy that all students, regardless of disability should be given the opportunity to succeed at the same level as their peers and should be fully expected to do so.
- Prior experience facilitating the high achievement of Special Education students in an inclusion environment.
- Doing whatever it takes to ensure the mission of the school is upheld.
- Commitment To Urban Education: Belief that there is not a more urgent task than to educate students from low-income, urban backgrounds.
- Mission Alignment: Belief that every student should be held to the highest academic and behavioral expectations. Understanding that a structured environment is essential for learning.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Openness to change, willingness to problem-solve, and interest in developing new ideas & programs.
- Qualifications: Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
- Systems-thinker with the ability to focus on outcomes who will thrive in a fast paced environment
- Team Player: Is able to work effectively in a team environment and will encourage/support others in doing their best work
- A high level of zest, grit, hope, gratitude, enthusiasm, tenacity, and humor
How to apply
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to Ciji Pittman. Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Aurora Collegiate Academy is an equal opportunity employer and therefore does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex or disability.
3804 Given Avenue, Memphis, TN, 38122, US