The Energy Co-op connects our members to local energy services, empowering them through group-buying power to stretch their dollars farther and purchase renewable energy sources that help create cleaner, healthier communities. We've been the area's member-owned, nonprofit energy supplier since 1979!
We provide renewable electricity and heating/bioheating oil to over 7,500 members in Philadelphia, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, and Montgomery Counties and we're growing fast! We also distribute millions of gallons of biodiesel to many commercial and municipal fleets throughout the region.
Located conveniently in Center City Philadelphia, you'll be working with our small staff of dedicated, passionate individuals in a relaxed office environment. If you find sustainability, energy, or program development exciting, we want you to join our team!
The Energy Co-op has been a licensed retail electricity supplier serving customers since 1998. With the expiration of PECO's rate caps, the program has experienced tremendous growth and has earned accolades from the local press. We are the only nonprofit electricity supplier in Southeastern PA and we offer locally-sourced, renewable electricity.
As a member-owned cooperative, our customers are our owners. We enjoy unrivaled loyalty from our member base because of the trust we have earned and our track record of quality customer service. Our Electricity Program's ambition is to offer consumers, institutions and business with electricity that is both environmentally sustainable and empowers households to reduce their energy budget burden.
The Electricity Program Director provides strategic and tactical planning, development and evaluation of the Electricity Program's products and processes, along with seeking new business development opportunities in the PECO service territory.
Major areas of responsibility include:
- Establishing program goals and designing and implementing the strategies to achieve them;
- Managing technical aspects of program (pricing, regulatory, legal, etc.) and collaborating with vendors;
- Contracting for and managing supply of electricity and renewable energy credits;
- Financial forecasting and market and data analysis;
- Overseeing administrative processes;
- Participating in R&D efforts to grow our energy programs.
- 3-5 years experience in the retail energy or energy markets. Experience with retail electricity is strongly preferred.
- Experience designing and implementing sales campaigns
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ideal Candidate
- Experience using Salesforce
- Commitment to sustainable energy practices, the organization's mission, and the cooperative movement
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- A sense of humor
To perform the job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some travel required, but you do not need access to your own vehicle.
The Energy Co-op is an equal opportunity employer. Policy prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. Further, The Energy Co-op continues to support and promote equal employment opportunity, human dignity, and racial, ethnic, and cultural diversity. All are encouraged to apply.
Hours, Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time, overtime-exempt position available July. Hours are 9:00am ; 5:00pm, Monday-Friday, with some flexibility owing to fulfillment of business development and other responsibilities.
Annual salary range is contingent upon experience.
Standard benefits package applies.
Submit your resume and cover letter to Jossi Fritz-Mauer, Co-Director, at jossi@TheEnergy.Coop by 6/7/13, and use "Electricity Program Director" as the subject line. Tell us how you learned about this position and why you think you'd be a good fit.
Jossi Fritz-Mauer, Co-Director