Seeking a candidate to provide case management to assist frail and elderly adults to manage financial benefits and to help them coordinate in home supports and home and community based care services provided under the Choice for Independence Program (CFI) per He-E 805
This is a part time 30 hours per week position.
Essential Job Functions:
A. Financial benefits coordination
1. Assist the individual to access applicable Medicaid, Social Security Programs and other benefits.
2. Help the person to maintain these benefits through assistance with annual recertificationâ€™s, other paperwork and education on the benefit programs
B. Choices for indendnece Program (CFI)
1. Assist with initial CFI applications and ongoing paperwork
2. Inform the person of the available CFI in home supports and local providers
3. Write the CFI initial assessment .
4. Write the initial care plan with the individual and CFI nurse
5. Write the addendumâ€™s to the plan with the individual, as needed
6. Negotiate with vendor agencies for needed services
7. Assure that quality services agreed upon in CFI treatment plan provided in a timely fashion
8. Ensuring individuals satisfaction with services through monthly contacts based primarily on personal visits
9. Facilitate communication and maintain effective professional relationships with all members of the team
10. Maintain a working knowledge and adhere to all applicable state and federal program regulation
11. Documentation and paperwork both through NH OPTIONS and Gateways Harmony Database
C. Quality Assurance
1. Participate on Evaluation Committee
2. Maintain Elder Case Management Policy Manual
Â· Three years prior geriatric casework or related geriatric experience. Experience with end of life services is preferred.
Â· Strong belief in provision of community service for elders and people who have disabilities
Â· Communicate constructively to management and staff on problems, ideas or any other insights to assist in defining new best operational practices.
Â· Possess reliable transportation, valid driversâ€™ license and applicable vehicle insurance for business travel.
Â· Bachelors Degree in related field.