Under the supervision of the Assistant Executive Director of the Central Queens Y, and within the Samuel Field Y framework of a holistic (social, emotional, physical, and cognitive) Human Development Model of a family-supported, strength-focused, and hope-engendering practice, an individual hired as the Education/Curriculum Specialist reports directly to the Program Director of Youth and Camping. This person will facilitate the oversight, development, and implementation of our Educational Program at our off-site After School Program and provide direct oversight of three locations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Education/Curriculum Specialist will
- Assume full responsibility for curriculum development, program scheduling, and contract obligations of the publicly funded After School program.
- Be responsible for providing suitable curricula that aligns program activities with recognized learning standards.
- Be responsible for planning and overseeing both holiday and summer camp programs, and develop a schedule in conjunction with the coordinators of the programs to ensure all requirements are met as set forth by the Central Queens Y and DYCD.
- Be responsible for designing and training staff on curriculum plans.
- Ensure that contract standards and requirements are met as set forth by DYCD and NYSED.
- Supervise and evaluate staff, and develop and support staff training opportunities around curriculum and program implementation.
- Foster continuous quality improvement through data informed decisions.
- Be responsible for the development of community partnerships and outside consultants, and the master schedule throughout the After School program sites.
- Be responsible for the oversight and implementation of three off-site programs, including recruiting children, maintaining children's records, maintaining daily child and staff attendance records, scheduling parent-teacher conferences at least twice a year, and maintaining a high level of contact with parents.
- Maintain required records and files in accordance with grant requirements and NYC Department of Health procedures.
- Supervise, analyze, and refine program goals and objectives.
- Be responsible for maintaining schedule and OST online reporting system to ensure compliance with STEM, Literacy, and Health and Wellness goals.
- Take on additional responsibilities as determined by the Agency's Director.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EDUCATION
- MA in Elementary Education or other Related Field.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Experience providing high quality after school educational and recreational programming for three (3) or more years.
- Demonstrated expertise in curriculum development and education learning standards.
- Experience with supervising staff and program administration.
- Interest in providing social services to families and youth in need.
- Demonstrates cultural competency through familiarity in working with people from a very diverse number of backgrounds.
- Organizational skills to coordinate multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, networking, and transactional skills.
- Ability to convey and participate in team oriented work.
- Computer literate, including experience with all Microsoft Office software packages, Local Area Networks, and the Internet.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to travel to multiple service sites within the division.
Please email a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate "Education Specialist" in subject of email.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
67-09 108th Street, Forest Hills, Queens, NY, 11375, US