Union Settlement Association is an on-the-ground resource for East Harlem residents of all ages, and a passionate advocate for the needs of underserved communities. Since opening our doors in 1895, we have brought education, wellness and community-building programs to our neighborhood, empowering New Yorkers with opportunities to better their lives. More than 350 staff work in our organization, and our services impact 10,000 people every year. By helping our neighbors realize their goals, we build the vitality and success of East Harlem. For more information about Union Settlement, please visit our website at www.unionsettlement.org.
Position: Educational/Site Director
Department: Child Care
Reports to: Director of Early Childhood Education
The Educational/Site Director is primarily responsible for overseeing the daily functions of a well-established child care center. The Director develops and maintains quality standards of early childhood education designed to meet the educational, emotional, physical, and social needs of individual children and the group, and implements the High Scope Curriculum.
- Supervising all employees and volunteers at the child care center.
- Developing and planning the educational program for the child care center.
- Ensuring the professional growth of education staff.
- Actively participating in the recruitment of children to Union Settlement’s six child care centers, which includes devising strategies to increase and maintain enrollment throughout the school year.
- Collaborating with the Family Services Department to manage intake and placement of new children at the child care center.
- Collaborating with the Delegate Agency Policy Committee (DAPC) to recruit and interview applicants for open positions at the child care center.
- Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education.
- New York State Teacher Certification in B-2.
- At minimum, three years classroom experience.
- Five years experience in management preferred.
- Strong leadership and training skills.
- Demonstrated experience in education, budgeting, and program development.
- Demonstrated experience with ACS rules and regulations, Child Care and Head Start regulations, the CACFP program, and DOH permit process.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in High Scope Curriculum.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Head Start performance standards.
- Excellent organizational ability and interpersonal skills.
- Overall flexibility and ability to work under pressure and meet many deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred, but not required.
How to apply
Please send Cover Letter, Resume, Salary Requirements, Writing Samples, and References to:
Please indicate Educational/Site Director in subject of e-mail.
UNION SETTLEMENT ASSOCIATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER