New Alternatives for Children, Inc. (NAC) is an innovative child welfare agency located in Midtown Manhattan, which provides services to medically fragile children and their families. NAC is currently seeking applicants for a Education Specialist, Secondary Education.
1. Coordinate with schools and Committees on Special Education and monitor compliance with Federal, State and City regulations. .
2. Serve as resource for NAC social workers to provide technical assistance and advocacy to help families make appropriate educational decisions and plans for their adolescent age children.
3. Problem solve with students and schools in the areas of attendance, discipline, motivation, academic interests and progress towards graduation.
4. Meet individually with students and parents to engage them in long term educational plans.
5. Participate in NAC case conferences, school visits and CSE reviews as necessary.
1. Masters Degree in Education, Special Education, School Counseling and/or Social Work.
2. Knowledge of Federal, State and City regulations regarding provision of Special Education and General Education services.
3. Knowledge of health-related factors in working with physically disabled and/or chronically ill children.
4. Commitment to working with adolescent age students of all skill levels.
5. Proficiency in Spanish is desirable.
How to apply
Please specify position of interest when applying and submit resume to:
New Alternatives for Children, Inc
15 West 26th Street, 7th floor
New York, NY 10010
"WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY".
37 West 26th Street, New York City, New York 10010, New York, NY, 10010, US