The Education Director of Creede Repertory Theatre is responsible for the artistic quality and administration of CRT’s educational programming, maintaining meaningful relationships with local schools and students, supporting the Development Office with fundraising efforts for education programs, and working closely with the Artistic Director and Adult Audience Enrichment Coordinator on strategic planning and implementation of future projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 3 years experience in theatre education, including extensive work as a teaching artist
- Skill in problem-solving, prioritizing, working independently, adhering to deadlines, paying attention to detail, and maintaining confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal skills ; able to foster successful collaboration through respect, clear communication, humor, discipline, and compassion
- Able to simultaneously address the overarching education goals of the organization, while attending to the day-to-day details related to implementation of projects
- Able to develop and implement systems and manage multiple projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to adapt communications towards appropriate audiences
- Knowledge of and experience using office technology (software, Mac computers, printers), including proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in non-profit arts administration
- Experience working in public schools
- Experience training teaching artists
How to apply
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and résumé to: Catherine Augur, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, by May 2, 2014. Please include “Education Director Position” in the subject line of your email.
PO Box 269, Creede, CO, 81130, US