Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund are seeking an experienced Eastern PA Director to work in our Philadelphia office. The Eastern PA Director’s job is to coordinate local and state campaigns in eastern Pennsylvania on health related environmental issues, including overseeing a team of organizers. We are looking for an experienced organizer who knows how to direct and win issue campaigns that make a real difference in people’s lives. Applicants must have a passion for organizing around environmental issues, motivating volunteers and staff, and the ability to build effective coalitions.
Clean Water Action (CWA) is a national, grassroots environmental organization that seeks to protect the environment and safeguard public health, promote passage of strong environmental laws, and help communities address local environmental problems affecting them. Clean Water Fund (CWF) is a national 501-c-3 research and education organization which promotes the public interest on issues related to water, waste, and toxics.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund work together on a variety of environmental issues. Currently, our campaigns in Pennsylvania are focused on establishing protections from Marcellus Shale gas drilling (fracking), reducing water pollution from stormwater, and through CWA electing pro-environment candidates at all levels.
• Coordinate organizing in eastern Pennsylvania on CWA’s issues, including campaigns on fracking and stormwater pollution.
• Coordinate organizing assistance to local communities and grassroots groups, helping them solve pollution problems affecting their health and environment.
• Assist with statewide campaign coordination as needed.
• Assist in lobbying and other communication with state legislators and agency staff.
• Coordinate CWA’s electoral activities in eastern Pennsylvania.
• Coordinate media and public relations activities in eastern Pennsylvania.
• Provide support for CWA’s field canvass in Philadelphia, including briefings and materials.
• Coordinate fundraising activities in eastern Pennsylvania including grant writing and development.
• Assist in staff hiring, training, supervision and development in the Philadelphia office.
• Several years experience in issue organizing and/or electoral campaigns. Must have experience in planning and implementing campaign strategies.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Experience with canvass programs and/or environmental issues desirable.
• Fundraising experience and experience supervising staff preferred.
CWA and CWF are equal opportunity employers.
How to apply
Send your resume to Myron Arnowitt, PA State Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or to Clean Water Action, 100 Fifth Ave., #1108, Pittsburgh, PA 15222.
1315 Walnut St., Suite 1650, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19103, United States