The City of Seattle Human Services Department (HSD) is seeking a top notch Early Learning Education Specialist for its Early Learning and Child Development Programs. The ideal candidate has a strong knowledge of early learning, child care and school age programs and experience managing contracts with service providers. Strong communication and excellent technical savvy is key to this role. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dedicated team responsible for investing in over 10,000 children and families and providing a growing understanding of the critical need to provide high-quality early learning support to children birth to 13.
- Monitors service delivery for early Learning and school age programs by conducting program site assessments using nationally accredited assessment tools, Environmental Rating Scale (ERS), and CLASS.
- Interpret program quality standards, funding requirements and Washington State licensing regulations (WAC) for providers.
- Provide consultation and technical assistance to early Learning and other child care/school age agencies to ensure culturally relevant and linguistically appropriate services.
- Provide program technical assistance to contractors on early education and child care/school age methodology systems analysis and recommendations for changes or corrective actions to reach outcomes and program improvement goals.
- Create detailed corrective action plans to address changes necessary to meet standards and contractual outcomes; documents consequences for failure to comply with action plan requirements.
- Develops content and delivers training and presentations to various early learning and child care providers.
- Participates on division task forces, interview panels and early learning, child care and school age program development teams
- Three years of professional experience in Early Learning, child care/school age program development and
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Human Development, Childhood Development, Early Childhood Education or Education, with Preschool through Third Grade Certification (or a combination of education and/or training and/or experience which provides an equivalent background required to perform the work of the classification).
- Two or more years working with immigrant/refugee early learning/child care provider; in particular Somali.
- Two year experience using assessment tools to monitor program quality.
- Extensive professional experience in Early Learning Program development
- Experience administering and/or monitoring a variety of service contracts, sub-contracts, or interagency agreements
- Experience researching and analyzing complex data within business systems
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills, with an ability to complete written reports that may be politically sensitive
- Demonstrated proficiency and use of electronic mail and industry standard computer software including Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving, collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Ability to work effectively within diverse workgroups and populations with proven ability to collaborate with community based and governmental agencies.
- Five or more years professional experience in early learning/school age program development.
Job offers are contingent on the verification of credentials and other information required by the application process including the completion of a background check which includes criminal history. For more information on the Human Services Department, please visit:www.seattle.gov/humanservices.
How to apply
Seattle Municipal Tower, 700 5th Ave, Seattle, WA, 98104, US