The Early Childhood Mentor Coach builds on existing strengths to fill the gap that sometimes exists between training/knowledge and day to day implementation in the classroom. The Early Childhood Mentor/Coach will provide feedback, individualized one-on-one instruction and support to teachers. The Mentor/Coach will work jointly with teachers and center supervisors to identify areas of focus.
Specific Job Qualifications
- BA or above in psychology, counseling, education or related field;
- Three year experience in teaching young children in a pre-school or related setting;
- Experience as a coach, mentor teacher or trainer of adults preferred;
- Experience with screening and assessment tools for children three to five;
- Those skills which meet generally accepted levels of management that include professionalism, monitoring, organization, analysis and presentation;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Computer proficiency & knowledge of basic office equipment;
- Valid Washington State driver’s license and daily access to a personal, legally licensed vehicle with proof of current automobile insurance or reliable source of transportation; and
- Bilingual in English and language(s) as determined as needed by DLEC preferred.
- Assessing the focus for each mentor/mentee relationship by using multiple sources of information to determine goals for each child/family.
- Providing support to staff.
- Provide required documentation of work.
How to apply
Please complete the DLEC application AND provide a cover letter and resume. Send your completed application, cover letter and resume firstname.lastname@example.org or you can fax it to (206) 260-8853 or mail it to:
Denise Louie Education Center
606 Maynard Avenue S., Suite 101
Seattle, WA 98104
(please, no phone calls)
ONLY APPLICANTS SUBMITTING ALL THE INFORMATION REQUESTED WILL BE CONSIDERED!
606 Maynard Avenue S, #101, Seattle, WA, 98104, US