- Develop and grow partnerships with schools and community organizations, and work collaboratively with site staff by providing site-specific mental health consultation.
- Provide direct services (as defined by each MHC program's requirements) to school/organization's staff, students and families. Conduct needs assessments at each site, and facilitates a collaborative intervention process with site staff to address the identified needs.
- Assist school or community organization with developing a system for providing referrals to youth and families in need of mental health services. Facilitate linkage to mental health resources in the community for individual mental health needs of child and youth when needed.
- Conduct on-site short-term individual counseling and case-management for youth/families as appropriate and refer youth/families to direct services if needed.
- Provide training to programs requiring mid-level services, This may include designing a monthly training calendar and plan the training events; selecting and negotiating with trainers; managing the training budget; dealing with day-of logistics, and marketing a training program. Collaborate with Edgewood's Training Department
- Develop research, adopt and provide psycho-educational programs to meet the needs of the school/community as needed.
- In collaboration with Program Manager and Department Director, participate in the development and implementation of a monthly Learning Circle for all MHCs at Edgewood and a quarterly Learning Circle for MHCs throughout the county.
- Work collaboratively with the Research Department to determine logic model and outcome measures for the consultation program. Design and develop surveys that will be used to assess the organizational and programmatic needs of agencies participating in the consultation service.
- Provide Edgewood CBS consultation as requested.
- Represent the agency at SFCBHS and other community meetings as designated by Clinical Program Manager.
- Assist in writing program manual. Build and maintain resource library.
- Assist in creating brochure and PR materials for program.
- Participate in regularly scheduled supervisory team meetings.
Applied Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Master's Degree in Psychology, Social Work or related field;
- clinical license or license eligible;
- At least1-2 years experience providing mental health services in an educational setting or community-based organization either as a direct service provider or consultant;
- Interest/experience in school/mental health collaboration,
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Skilled in facilitating a variety of group dynamics, and supporting individuals and groups through change.
- Sensitivity to the cultural diversity of employees and clients
How to apply
Edgewood is one of the most vital resources in the Bay Area, serving over 7,000 children and youth each year from ages 0 to 25 who have experienced adverse childhood experiences, including domestic and community violence. Through a comprehensive range of services, we address behavioral health concerns and respond to the urgent needs of the most vulnerable populations in a way that no other organization does. Our mission is to promote the behavioral health of children, youth, and families and support a positive transition to adulthood. We do this by working with parents, other family members, teachers and others to improve the home, school and community environment.
We provide excellent benefits, competitive salaries and great working environment. We also provide great opportunities for growth and development working with highly trained professionals. Please take some time to learn more about us and our services by visiting our website at www.edgewood.org. Please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com , or fax to (415) 566-3039 or mail to:
Edgewood Center HR
1801 Vicente Street
San Francisco, CA 94116
ECCF is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel decisions regarding applicants for employment are made without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, status as a Vietnam-era veteran or special disabled veteran, age or citizenship.
Edgewood Center HR
fax to (415) 566-3039
1801 Vicente Street, San Francisco, CA, 94116, US