Summary of Position:
The Case Manager manages an average of 8 families in the NOVACO program. Case Manager will be available to assess victims' needs, connect to appropriate services, and advocate for victims to ensure the provision of comprehensive services meet the identified needs. Other responsibilities include: conducting individual needs assessments, program planning, monitoring of residents' progress, service referrals and coordination, the provision of client support and training/working with volunteers who are supporting clients.The case manager will serve as the primary point of contact for all assigned clients' services and provide guidance and support to clients working toward self sufficiency in the NOVACO program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide crisis intervention and develop a personalized safety plan
- Accompany clients to court proceedings and various appointments (i.e. attorney meetings, protective order hearings, custody hearing, and housing interviews)
- Perform assessment of client's physical, mental health and social needs, employability, educational needs, quality of life issues, strengths and needs, and other necessary areas
- Function as the primary coordinator of life skills programs for CHRP (includes coordinating volunteer groups)
- Function as the primary coordinator of children's services including education and daycare, programming and mental health services.
- Create client service plan and assist clients in securing appropriate services and coordinate delivery of all services to clients
- Create and maintain financial budgets and money management education with clients
- Function as a contributing member of a multidisciplinary team with Shelter House Inc. employees, deployed staff, and involved agencies to ensure clients receive needed services in a timely manner
- Document all contacts with clients in client file, Google docs and HMIS as required
- Collect program fees from residents and record them accordingly
- Encourage the client and his/her family to focus their efforts on attaining the objectives specified in the service plan.
- Assist residents in plan for discharge from the program.
- Monitor the need to plan, coordinate, and conduct Family Shelter Planning Team meetings or professionals' meetings.
- Maintain complete client records in accordance with agency and best standard practice
- Institute ongoing review of client service plan and compliance to the service plan and program requirements.
- Prepare client consultation/management report or success stories for Shelter Director and DFS as needed.
- Be on call as directed by supervisor.
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings as directed by supervisor.
- Participate in meetings with other representatives from other agencies to deliver wrap around services to clients.
- Empower and guide clients in their successful completion of the shelter/ housing program.
- Ensure compliance with all agency policies.
- Exemplify the Shelter House core values; Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Empowerment
- Other Duties as assigned
- A bachelors degree in social work/ human services related field or commensurate experience
- 1+ years of case management/ direct services for victims of Domestic Violence
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize competing priorities and make sound judgements
- Ability to complete tasks while navigating frequent interruptions
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Valid Driver's License and reliable transportation/ 10-15 % local travel for appointments
- Work evenings and weekends as needed
- A masters degree in human services/ related field
- Experience with providing services to clients experiencing homelessness, Mental Health or substance abuse issues
- Annual TB Test is required
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods
- Ability to lift items weighing 10-20 pounds
ADA Statement: Shelter House will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person in need of an accommodation should contact Human Resources directly for assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employer
How to apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
2579 John Milton Dr., Suite 220, Herndon, VA, 20171, US