Cheshire County Conservation District Double Up Veggie Bucks Coordinator
The Double Up Veggie Bucks (DUVB) program is run by the Cheshire County Conservation District in partnership with The Farmers’ Market of Keene. The program allows the Conservation District to match the amount of money consumers spend at farmers markets with their food stamps, up to $10 per customer, per day. This enables low-income community members to access healthy, fresh fruits and vegetables while increasing the direct sales of small, local farmers and food artisans in and around Cheshire County.
The DUVB Coordinator should expect to work an average of 7 hours a week, dependent on the seasonal needs of the program, and will carry out the duties specified within the program grants issued by the USDA Specialty Crop Block Grant and the Wholesome Wave Foundation. This is a contract position effective for one year from start date, reporting directly to the Conservation District Manager.
The DUVB Coordinator will be responsible for the following activities:
- - Volunteer and intern recruitment, training, and management
- - Staffing the farmers’ market information booth and ebt/debit/credit machine (including orienting customers to the market, answering questions, etc.)
- - Collecting data and maintaining accurate data logs and entering the information into an online portal
- - Writing grant reports and updates as needed
- - Outreach including the creation of marketing material, writing press releases, email news blasts, and articles for a local newspaper
- - Building relationships with human service organizations, faith-based organizations, healthcare providers, civic organizations and others, with a goal of reaching low-income populations and food stamp recipients
- - Build public support for the program with an eye on long-term financial sustainability The DUVB Coordinator shall have the following competencies and skills:
- - Good communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- - Volunteer management
- - Demonstrated ability to work with diverse stakeholders
- - Effective problem solving
- - Proficiency with word processing, Microsoft excel, and social media
- - Excellent time management and organizational skills
- - Ability to work in a self-directed environment
- - Interest in farms and supporting the local food system The DUVB Coordinator will be hired for $15/hour for an average of 7 hours/week (fluctuates seasonally), for a total of $5,700 over the 12 month contract. The consultant will be required to provide for their own office space, phone, and computer. Reliable transportation to and from the work site at the Farmers’ Market of Keene is needed.
- If you are interested in applying for either of the following position please send your resume and a cover letter that indicates which position you are interested in. Information should be sent to Cheshire County Conservation District, 11 Industrial Park Dr., Walpole NH 03608. Please include an attention line indicating the position you are interested in (e.g. ATTN: MFCC Coordinator Position or ATTN: DUVB Coordinator Position). Cover letter and Resume could also be sent via email as attachments to amanda@cheshireconservation.
org indicating the desired position in the subject line.