Amara is looking to hire an experienced leader in the newly created Director of Social Services role. Reporting to the Executive Director, this role will be instrumental in steering Amara to better serve vulnerable children in the state of Washington. As a member of the management team, the Director of Social Services will be focused on leading a well-established team of social workers, delivering on all aspects of people management in addition to providing clinical consultation.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as the immediate clinical and managingsupervisor for direct service staff:
- Hire, train and evaluate the job performance of Amara social workers
- Provide emergent and regularly scheduled case consultation and support
- Assist social workers to develop and attain professional development goals
- Provide supportive supervision to address social work challenges and stressors
- Perform program management tasks including but not limited to case assignments, documentation reviews, and provision of coverage during scheduled and unexpected staff absences
- Help ensure agency alignment with best-practice client assessment and service delivery
- Be an integral part of the Amara management team, bringing an informed clinical voice to discussions, decision-making, and board meetings
- Foster growth, independence and professionalism in strong team of highly qualified and dedicated social workers
- LICSW and a minimum of 2 years of direct experience providing clinical supervision or consultation
- Evidenced ability to provide constructive guidance and criticism in an open and respectful manner
- Impeccable ethics
- Experience hiring staff and evaluating and reporting on staff performance
- Knowledge and understanding of child development and of family systems
- Knowledge and understanding of the child welfare system (experience in foster care and adoption highly preferred)
- Understanding of and commitment to achieving cultural competence across spectra
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to review and edit detailed home study reports for quality of social work assessments, clarity and accessibility to appropriate audiences, and professionalism
- Safe and working vehicle, Washington State Driver’s license, and auto insurance.
Salary and Benefits:
$66,000-$72,000 DOE. Generous personal leave and benefits package, including paid time off, health insurance, vision and dental insurance, 401K plan (plus match), life and disability insurance.
How to apply
Please submit a chronological resume and cover letter addressing the experience, skills, and personal characteristics that qualify you for this position, and why the mission and work of Amara appeals to you.
No phone calls, please.
3300 E. Union Street, Seattle, Washington, 98122, United States