Do you love teaching young children (ages 2-8) and have a passion for nature? Are you creative, energetic, engaging and genuinely interested in connecting young children (and their parents and caregivers) to the natural world? PUDDLESTOMPERS Nature Exploration is looking for an outstanding candidate to teach and help manage the classes in the Boston area.
PUDDLESTOMPERS’ mission is to connect the youngest naturalists, ages 2 to 8 years (and their parents and caregivers), to the natural world. By providing children and families with seeds of interest and tools of exploration, PUDDLESTOMPERS seeks to help build the foundation for a lifelong enjoyment and love of the outdoors.
Lead children and parents or teachers in outdoor exploration using hands-on activities, songs, games, stories and projects. Teach and oversee weekly summer camp-like program. Number of classes per week may vary depending on season.
• Prior teaching experience (preschool or lower elementary level a plus)
• Experience in outdoor education and/or degree in the natural sciences a plus
• Prior experience managing teachers preferred
• Dependable, responsible and organized
• Fun-loving, creative and engaging
• College graduate
• Must have a car
• Immediate start date
Manage, implement and develop curriculum (includes managing the curriculum database), support part-time teachers, oversee summer program, manage family classes, supervise the Office Manager, design and implement marketing of programs, manage company website, coordinate registration, interface with customers via phone and email to help with registration, provide support and to sell program. Also includes some general office tasks.
• Highly organized and ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced work environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and willingness to learn new software programs. Comfortable using computers.
• Ability to work independently
• Desire to support the growth of a small outdoor education business
Salary & Commitment
We are offering a competitive salary depending upon candidate’s prior experience including a health benefits package. We are looking for a minimum 1-2 year commitment and an immediate start date.
1 Bridge Street, Suite 105
Newton, Massachusetts 01760