Position: Director of Development
Supervisor: Executive Director
Posted: December 3, 2012
Reports to and partners with the Executive Director (ED) to spearhead all development efforts as New England Forestry Foundation (NEFF) continues to grow.
The Director of Development (DD) is a mission driven professional who will take a lead role in partnership with the ED to advance the mission and work of New England Forestry Foundation with both internal and external audiences. The DD is responsible for developing and overseeing all fundraising activities with all donor constituencies including members, individual donors, and foundation representatives. The DD works closely with ED on cultivating and stewarding major donor and foundation relationships and is responsible, with guidance and support from the ED, for developing major foundation proposals. In addition, the DD oversees New England Forestry Foundation's membership program, direct mail appeals, and fundraising events, supervising one full-time and two part-time staff. In addition to partnering with the ED on building and stewarding donor and foundation relationships, the DD will oversee the organization's communications function and work closely with special campaign consultants as applicable.
• Develop and execute New England Forestry Foundation's annual fundraising plan including goals for all components of fundraising revenue
• Work closely with the Chair and members of the Development Committee to engage them in fundraising and external relations activities on behalf of New England Forestry Foundation
• Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
• Manage development and communications staff
• Identify new individual major gift prospects and foundation prospects
• Develop grant proposals in concert with ED
• Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors and major foundations
• Create and execute the strategy for a sustained base of annual individual donors
• Work closely with Marketing Communications Manager and others to develop organizational special events roster
• Develop and track all grant proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
• BA (required), MA (a plus)
• 5-plus years of experience in development
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and various database management programs - Filemaker Pro and/or Raiser's Edge preferred, knowledge of Constant Contact and Convio products also a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to juggle and prioritize numerous major assignments at one time
• Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
• Possesses an outgoing personality and is an enthusiastic team player
Please send resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Electronic submission of credentials is strongly encouraged. We would appreciate receiving applications by February 28, 2013.
New England Forestry Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and seeks a diverse pool of candidates.
Maria Garcia, Accounting/Personnel Manager