- Create a solid and ambitious development and marketing strategy for BBH. Formalize a plan, set goals, develop a calendar of activities to support these goals and implement the strategy.
- Collaborate with B'nai B'rith Housing's senior staff to model leadership, professionalism, and accountability.
- As a top priority, formalize and manage our business partners program. Strengthen personal relationships with business leaders who currently support us, expand opportunities for corporate engagement, forge new partnerships, and grow our base of support. Shepherd our recently launched Gen2Gen emerging leaders program, and other strategies to increase opportunities for corporate participation and sponsorship.
- Strengthen and cultivate site-specific support for our current projects (in Sudbury and Newton) as well as future projects in various communities. Create and implement strategies to build locally focused financial and organizational support.
- Work with our Board of Directors to elevate their understanding of and active participation in achieving our fundraising goals. Coach and train Board members to grow their involvement.
- Develop our communications strategy to better promote the BBH brand.
- Supervise staff to provide regular and cohesive communications to our network of supporters through Constant Contact, social media, our website and other communication platforms.
- Promote the Executive Director's role as a thought leader in the field, pursing speaking engagements, awards, and opinion piece opportunities.
- Build BBH's Development team, defining roles and responsibilities, hiring department support staff, and setting individual objectives and departmental goals consistent with BBH's budget.
- Oversee support staff and ensure integrity of:
- planning and implementation of fundraising events (including our annual award dinner), direct mail and electronic appeals, House Parties, and other initiatives to reach expected financial goals.
- the capture and integrity of all donor information and processes, including the accuracy of records and the timely acknowledgment of all gifts.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in the fundraising and development field. Marketing and communications experience preferred.
- Strong commitment to and passion for the mission of BBH.
- Ability to articulate the importance of the organization's work to prospective and current donors and funders.
- Proven manager with a willingness to lead and talent and joy for mentoring staff.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive and fun outlook, and strong interpersonal skills and experience in establishing and cultivating strong relationships with colleagues, partners, donors, and trustees.
- Excellent working knowledge of Salesforce or similar donor management software.
- Ability to take initiative, set priorities, and to work independently and as a team-player.
- Knowledge of and experience with the Boston real estate industry and/or the Jewish community a plus.
- Bachelor's degree is required; advanced degree is a plus.
This position is conceived as full-time position. For the right candidate, we are open to some flexibility in the work arrangement.
Email your resume and cover letter
34 Washington Street, Brighton, Massachusetts, 02135, United States