About the Prevention Resource Center
In 2009, The New York City Prevention Resource Center was established to increase community health and wellness by facilitating the creation of community partnerships focused on reducing the impact of alcohol and drugs abuse in their neighborhoods. The Resource Center offers free technical assistance to each community to identify and mobilize local stakeholders to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate a series of individual and community strategies working to improve the overall conditions of the area.
About the Position
The Director oversees one of six Regional Prevention Resource Centers that is committed to supporting a network of 40+ state funded alcohol and substance abuse prevention providers in NYC by offering an array of training and technical assistance services and information on an ongoing basis. Specifically, the PRC Director is charged with establishing local partnerships in the five boroughs that will implement a series of environmental strategies that will reduce the impact of drugs and alcohol on a community-wide scale; increase the understanding and implementation of evidence based interventions by providers; and strengthen the capacity of local stakeholders to address issues related to community health and wellness.
• Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Adolescence, the PRC Director is responsible for the overall operations, assessment and strategic planning of the PRC.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Expand a growing network of communities in NYC focused on addressing issues related to alcohol and substance abuse, with an emphasis on under 18 youth.
• Promote the implementation of environmental strategies focused on the reduction of alcohol and substance abuse, with an emphasis on under 18 youth.
• Manage a robust communications hub (website, blog, e-newsletter) reaching up to 10,000 people quarterly
• Create marketing and public information campaigns to educate, promote and foster local community health and wellness initiatives
• Serve as Community Development Specialist to 4-5 local neighborhoods providing individual and group consultation services on an ongoing basis
• Develop and deliver a series of related ongoing workshops to the general public
• Consult with state and city partners; and regional counterparts to help develop current and future outcomes and deliverables
• Able to supervise and provide professional development and guidance to two PRC staff members
• Master's Degree in Public Administration; Social Work; Public Health or related field w/facilitation, conflict resolution & negotiating skills
• A minimum of five years' experience in prevention and knowledge of model programs; Familiarity with the Strategic Prevention Framework preferred
• Background in working with community-based coalitions, community readiness issues, needs assessments, strategic planning and project implementation
• Experience with Community Organizing in a Urban/Metropolitan Setting
• Workshop Development and Facilitation Supervision experience
• Web content management (Website, Social Networking Sites, Blog, Infographics, and Online Trainings)
• Copywriting and editing (web/print)
• Desktop publishing and publication development (TA Briefs, Fact Sheets, Brochures, etc.)
• Able to periodically travel to upstate/out-of-state conferences and meetings
• Credentialed Prevention Professional preferred
How to apply
Please apply directly on our website at:
105 E. 22nd Street, 5th Floor, New York, NY, 10010, US