World Wildlife Fund (WWF), the world’s leading conservation organization, seeks a Direct Response Marketing Director who will create strategies, manage, and oversees integrated direct marketing programs to meet WWF’s fundraising objectives. This person will develop, recommend, and execute annual operating strategy for direct response programs including direct mail, telemarketing, print advertising, catalogs, DRTV, and integrated online campaigns.
- Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Makes recommendations, directs and oversees preparation of the annual direct marketing budget and monitors monthly progress and adjustments to it. Provides and executes strategies for achieving budgeted goals.
- Manages operational goals, such as premium availability and acknowledgement turnaround time, to ensure a high-quality member experience.
- Works with Online Marketing to help define strategy, plan and implement integrated and interactive fundraising campaigns.
- Coordinates communications, fundraising and other activities with all teams in Marketing & Communications to ensure optimal revenue potential and program communications support.
- Manages and oversees external vendors, consultants, and list brokers, among others; reviews, evaluates, and authorizes all requests for rental and exchange of WWF member list. Ensures compliance with and implementation of approved rentals and exchanges.
- Monitors creative, technical, postal and regulatory trends in the fundraising and direct marketing fields, recommends institutional responses for compliance, and works with staff, including the Office of the General Counsel, to develop and/or update collateral and documentation where appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned and plays an active role in the successful operation of the Marketing Department and WWF overall.
- Working Relationships
- Internal: Works with colleagues in Marketing and Finance to develop annual and monthly plans to achieve membership and financial goals. Works closely with Development and Communications departments to identify prospects for cultivation and to ensure all direct response messages are on brand. Works with department heads and conservation program directors to ensure communications correctly reflect conservation results. Interacts regularly with other departments within WWF to coordinate membership development and fundraising programs with other activities in the organization.
- External: Maintains regular contact with direct marketing vendors, consultants, copywriters, and designers.
- Supervisory Responsibility
Oversees a team of 5-7 staff who manage a variety of direct response and member service activities. Responsible for the professional departmental of team members, including staff performance evaluations, hiring, and training of new staff.
- Minimum Requirements: All requirements must be met.
-A Bachelor’s degree in Management, Marketing, Finance or related field. MBA preferred.
-At least 10 years of experience managing direct response-driven membership and/or continuity programs with a track record of innovation and ability to grow member/customer bases.
- * Proven expertise in growing membership/customer base through direct response marketing and knowledge of all facets of direct response marketing
- * Previous responsibility for department or division revenue and expense budgets
- * Strong financial analysis, Excel and management skills
- * Strong written and verbal communication skills
- * Ability to manage external and internal resources
- * Strong project management skills
- Please visit our careers page and submit an online application
- Submit cover letter and resume to http://worldwildlife.org/about/careers/jobs, job # 14026
- The most compatible browser that supports the application process is Internet Explorer 7, or version 8 and 9 in “compatibility mode”
- AA/EOE Women and minorities are encouraged to apply
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone