Toberman Neighborhood Center is seeking a seasoned Development Director with at least 5-7 years of development experience in fundraising, annual giving and special events. The Director of Development will be a key team member that actively participates in strategic decisions affecting Toberman in partnership with the CEO and CFO. The successful candidate is an energetic, organized professional capable of developing strong working relationships with board members, donors and staff and must have proven ability to meet fundraising goals. The Development Director must have experience managing all development functions (fundraising, budgeting, reporting, planning, research and proposals) within a diverse entity.
• Assist CEO, Development Committee, and Board in developing and implementing an overall strategic fund development plan, including major and planned gifts.
• Plan, manage and lead programs to expand Toberman's donor base with a diverse strategy, including individuals, corporations and foundations.
• Lead the Development Committee and Board in implementing the fundraising strategy.
• Design, implement, and facilitate all marketing efforts to increase the center's visibility and presence.
• Develop, implement, refine and promote regularly scheduled campus tours and open house events and ensure that appropriate follow-up activities are conducted, including solicitation.
• Develop and implement strategies for individual donor cultivation and stewardship.
• Create and monitor the department expense budget and income goals. • Prepare monthly reports to CEO/CFO, Development Committee and Board.
• Design programs to ensure Toberman's financial stability and growth.
• Manage a department of at least 2 staff and various consultants.
• Manage communication projects including advertising, public relations, online communications and the development of all marketing materials.
• Assist the Board and affiliated organizations with special events including the annual gala.
• Planning and executing government grant proposals and applications
• Research potential funders and identify good matches with Toberman's mission
• Develop, write, edit and format grant applications independently and in collaboration with program managers and/or supporting grant writers.
Skills and Qualifications:
• The position requires a senior development professional who is strong, experienced and works best in an environment of creativity and flexibility. The ideal candidate must possess organizational intelligence, be able to implement systems necessary to achieve the goals of the program and possess:
• A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Administration, Fund Development, Communication, or a closely related field required.
• Experience in a senior development-management role, partnering with the Program Director and Board, resulting in attaining the fundraising goals set for the program.
• Significant experience in or knowledge of nonprofit development, including grant writing, endowment programs, and capital campaigns.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and grow a base of financial supporters for a nonprofit organization
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and possess excellent computer skills.
• Experience with donor tracking systems and databases.
DOE. $69-77K with an attractive benefit package.
How to Apply
Email cover letter and resume to HR at firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE
131 N Grand Ave, San Pedro, California, 90731, United States