POSITION: Director of Development ORGANIZATION: Community-based resource center providing services to homeless and low- income individuals (www.northbeachcitizens.org)
The Director of Development is a member of the management team and is responsible for planning and implementing organization-wide fundraising and marketing activities. S/he establishes goals and strategies, outlines plans, and directly manages all fundraising campaigns including, but not limited to, individual giving, corporation and foundation giving, government grants, sponsorships, special events, major gifts, online programs and Board giving. S/he will manage all aspects of North Beach Citizens' marketing, communications, public relations, promotions, and advertising activities and have ability in the practical application of emerging media, communication technologies and strategies. The Director of Development supports and collaborates with the Executive Director, Board President, and Development Committee Chair to set priorities, develop strategies and cultivate major gift donors. The Director of Development works with the Executive Director to establish income goals and outcomes reporting. The Director of Development is responsible for adherence to schedules and deadlines, management of outside vendors and effective execution of all development and marketing activities. The Director of Development is expected to establish and meet financial goals related to an operating budget of over $800,000 annually, and to oversee expenses associated with fundraising efforts.
QUALIFICATIONS: BA/BS required; MA/MS in a relevant field strongly preferred. Five years of diverse fundraising experience, including direct mail, major gifts, institutional giving, events and special campaigns required. Experience with NetSuite or CRM strongly desired. Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision, strong attention to detail, ability to prioritize projects, assignments and multi-task in fast paced environment, command of Microsoft Office product suite, positive attitude and enthusiasm for producing quality work. Priority shall be given to candidates with an established portfolio of resources, especially local contacts and familiarity with homeless, social services, or other related agencies. Exceptional oral and written communication skills are required.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Director of Development shall:
- Together with the Executive Director and Board Development Committee Chair, create and plan development strategies including specific short and long-term goals and objectives in keeping with the vision and requirements of North Beach Citizens;
- Direct and manage all fundraising activities;
- Together with the Committee Chairs, plan and execute all aspects of three annual events;
- Establish dollar and performance goals, objectives, action plans, and benchmarks for the organization's overall development program; oversee and guide the planning and execution of approved Development and Marketing priorities;
- Work with the Executive Director and Board Development Committee Chair to set funding priorities and participate in budget planning and administration;
- Work with the Executive Director and other Board leadership to shape and refine the ways in which the North Beach Citizens presents itself to internal and external constituencies;
- Be responsible for the development and growth of a major gifts program, including personally identifying, cultivating, and soliciting prospects for major gifts;
- Establish positive and productive working relationships with the Board of Directors to provide support in fundraising activities;
- Identify, solicit, and cultivate prospective corporate, foundation, and individual donors and/or other high-profile relationships;
- Oversee all development-related communication, including but not limited to proposals, the annual report, brochures, donor correspondence, newsletters and the development portion of the website;
- Together with the Executive Director conduct internal department quality management audits, review of systems, and design, as well as implement improvements as necessary; and
- Perform all other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director and Board President.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
- SALARY: Competitive salary commensurate with experience and education.
- Exempt position
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No telephone inquiries.
720 Columbus Avenue, San Francisco, CA, 94133, US