The Seatuck Enviromental Association is a not-for-profit, member-supported, 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to promoting the conservation of Long Island wildlife and the environment. Seatuck engages in a range of conservation projects across Long Island and conducts a diverse environmental education program. The organization manages the Suffolk County Environmental Center in Islip and the South Shore Nature Center in East Islip. Seatuck’s main offices are located in Islip, New York.
Seatuck seeks a full-time Director of Development with a successful track record of developing and implementing diversified fundraising strategies. We are seeking a dynamic individual who wants to commit to help a leading Long Island conservation organization reach the next level. We’re looking for a professional with 5+ years experience, especially with major gifts, marketing, events and volunteer/donor relations. An entrepreneurial spirit, strong writing, management, and organizational skills also required.
This position reports directly to the Executive Director and will work closely with the Executive Director, Education Director and Operations & Events Manager, as well as support staff, consultants and volunteers.
- Work with the Executive Director to develop and implement an annual fundraising strategy.
- Initiate and coordinate full range of activities to build upon Seatuck’s individual and corporate donor fundraising program (Seatuck Sustainability Business Council).
- Identify and cultivate donor prospects in coordination with Board, staff and volunteers.
- Coordinate Founders Circle Campaign, including meetings with potential donors and response tracking.
- Prepare fundraising materials and coordinate introductory distribution to prospective donors.
- Work with Executive Director, Operations & Events Manager and Development Committee of the Board to plan special fundraising events including the organization’s inaugural Gala scheduled for May 2015.
- Coordinate foundation grants program in partnership with Executive Director and Education Director.
- Oversee donor tracking including management of CiviCRM database.
- Assist the Executive Director with Board and volunteer development.
- Work with Marketing Consultant on annual mail campaign.
- Work with Development Consultants as appropriate.
- Work with Operations & Events Manager to create annual sponsorship packages for Eco-Carnival, Sustainability Business Council Leadership Awards Breakfast, Bats & Brews Benefit and Owl Prowl 5K.
- Work with Executive Director, Education Director, Operations & Events Manager and Marketing Consultant to design and implement advertising and publicity efforts, especially with regard to calendar of events.
- Assist in the production and distribution of marketing pieces such as flyers, posters, etc. to promote annual events.
- Work closely with Executive Director and Operations & Events Manager to coordinate efforts to attract people to the organization through volunteer opportunities, including corporate community service, internships and Board-led committees.
- Work with Executive Director and Operations & Events Manager to coordinate volunteer cultivation events and annual Holiday Potluck.
- Work with Executive Director and other staff to oversee volunteer program.
- BA/BS, equivalent experience considered.
- Degree, certification or background in development.
- Database experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, multi-task, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Comfort with face-to-face solicitation and forming diplomatic and responsive relationships with volunteers.
- Collaborative and energetic work style, superior people skills, and ability to motivate and build consensus.
- Excellent administrative, organizational, verbal communication and writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of constituencies including business leaders, donors, Board members and staff. Self-motivated and resourceful with an interest in fundraising.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as event and project schedules dictate.
How to apply
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
550 South Bay Avenue, Islip, NY, 11751, US