EBAC builds brighter futures and stronger communities by promoting the health and educational success of children, youth and families through specialized therapeutic, educational and peer support services.
Our staff of 150 and 200 volunteers, serves 21,000 children, youth and families via primarily school based programs throughout Alameda County; and, selected us as a top place to work in the Bay Area.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the following dynamic position:
Director of Continuous Quality Improvement, Training and Outcomes
The Director of Continuous Quality Improvement, Training and Outcomes will work collaboratively with other members of the Senior Management Team to create and lead a system of robust, data-driven continuous quality improvement that informs and connects practice, training and outcomes in support of agency strategic goals.
B. QUALIFICATIONS and COMPETENCY FACTORS
1. Licensure as LCSW, LMFT, PsyD, or PhD required.
2. Minimum of 7 years' progressive leadership experience in a professional nonprofit service setting leading quality improvement, outcomes and training.
3. Minimum of 3 years' experience providing supervision and coaching.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
5. Language skills that include the ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex compliance and regulation guidelines.
6. Ability to present sophisticated technical data into accessible, actionable and meaningful information for decision-making and program improvement.
7. Advanced computer skills/proficiencies: email, web, MS Word Suite (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.), Adobe required.
8. Advanced experience with electronic health records/database, including county/state systems, required.
9. Ability to create and maintain positive, productive working relationships.
10. Ability to work independently and as a member of a team, manage multiple projects simultaneously, track details and big picture.
11. Valid driver's license, auto insurance, and access to use of an automobile.
C. RESPONSIBILITIES (Those with an asterisk are essential duties.)
Continuous Quality Improvement:
1. *Creation and oversight of agency-wide strategy for service documentation in all areas with a focus on MediCal/EPSDT, compliance, and client's rights; ongoing assessment of strategy cost and risk
2. *Serves as agency HIPAA Privacy Officer
3. *Plans and leads system of audits and utilization review
4. *In coordination with Senior Management Team, oversees accreditation activities; monitor ongoing accreditation maintenance and guide efforts to bring deficiencies into alignment
5. *Acts as main liaison and contract manager to external database developer; lead group of end users to inform database development
6. *In collaboration with program staff, conducts Root Cause Analysis as needed
7. *Leads agency CQI Leadership Team in practice improvement and implementation of agency-wide quality improvement procedures.
8. *Works collaboratively with Senior Management Team to create and lead system of staff training that supports agency treatment philosophy, evidence informed interventions and accreditation standards.
9. *Using agency data, assesses training gaps; identifies and vets training curriculums for online learning system and creates training curriculums as needed.
10. *Acts as internal trainer for agency adopted practices, interventions and tools such as CANs, Collaborative Problem Solving etc.
11. *Disseminates research, analytic reports and relevant data, including emerging findings to support staff and program improvement
12. *Working with Senior Management Team and program managers, develops strategic and operational metrics for the programs as a basis for productivity, performance, results, and accountability
13. *In coordination with programs and database developer, creates key metrics reports to keep direct care staff, management, Board and external partners informed of performance. With program leads, creates and monitors plans of correction as needed.
14. *As needed, identifies and vets outcome measures for adoption by program/agency. Leads implementation efforts.
15. *Uses data gleaned from outcomes to inform training needs
16. *Supervises Quality Assurance and Improvement Coordinator. Oversees hiring, training, development, supervision and evaluation of Quality Assurance and Improvement Department.
17. *Oversees client records system, including archiving and records requests processes
18. *Sits on agency Senior Management Team
19. *Represents agency at county/state meetings, workgroups, and advocacy efforts
20. *As needed, writes portions of RFPs, contract and grant reports related to continuous quality improvement, training and outcomes
21. *Performs other duties as assigned.
D. WORKING CONDITIONS and JOB SETTING
1. Agency headquarters is in a four-story building with stairs that need to be climbed for multi-level access for meetings, use of fax/copy machines.
2. Driving and access to a car is required.
3. Periodic lifting up to 25 pounds is required.
4. Position involves extensive computer use and sitting
EBAC offers a uniquely generous time off package including 14 paid holidays, 4 weeks vacation accrual, plus 16 days additional paid time off based on school district holiday breaks. *Accruals based on FTE%.
Our outstanding benefits package includes health, chiropractic, vision, dental and an agency paid life insurance policy. EBAC also offers two flexible spending programs, personal accident and legal insurance as well as a 403b retirement savings plan with agency contribution.
How to apply
East Bay Agency for Children is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diverse candidates to apply by sending a cover letter, resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax to 510-268-0143. Please use the job title as the subject. No phone calls please
fax to 510-268-0143