Consumer Directed Services gives individuals and families the opportunity to develop and manage their program of services. Every family can choose the support services and people that meet the needs of their family member with disabilities, respecting the family's values, needs and priorities.
Consumer Directed Services offers Adult Custom Services serving adults with developmental disabilities and In Home Supports serving children by working collaboratively with families to support a home based program helping children with complex medical and behavioral needs.
- Supervise all direct operations of Adult Custom Services (ACS) He-M 525 and In-Home Supports (IHS) He-M 524. Current staff of six Customer Service Agents and one administrative support member.
- Manage all aspects of referral, assessment, and enrollment in the programs.
- Oversee compliance with He-M 525 and he-M 521 certification.
- Work directly with customers/participants to develop budgets and resource plans as well as train and delegate to personnel the same responsibilities
- Oversee participant purchasing and maintain positive relationships with service provider organizations that deliver to participants.
- Supervise purchasing compliance with state and Agency practices including documentation requirements.
- Assist in the development of an annual budget for CDS.
- Oversee development of an annual budget for every participant.
- Lead the conversion to web portal for 100% customer utilization.
- Assist Customer Services Agents to complete ongoing review of participant revenue and expenses.
- Serve as liaison as necessary to various committees and organizations.
- Respond to customer complaints or concerns ---Identify and communicate to supervisor unmet needs of participants.
- Complete all necessary record keeping tasks to document the provision of support services and to fulfill Agency administrative needs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor's level education, preferred Master's Level education in human services, social work, business administration or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of related supervisory or advanced coordination work in a human service organization and/or professional experience in which administrative, supervisory, and coaching abilities have been demonstrated.
- Excellent knowledge of developmental disability issues.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- Aptitude to identify specific approaches or strategies that must be implemented to reach realistic objectives/goals.
- Enjoys working collaboratively and in a team environment
- Written and verbal communication skills; the ability to effectively advocate ideas and influence internal and external audiences.
- Instinct for providing creative supports and strong independent skills.
- Must have knowledge of budgeting process and procedures in order to use existing financial resources effectively.
- Superior skills in group facilitation and training
- Excellent staff manager with strong funding management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows environment including working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook along with relational data base knowledge (Harmony preferred)
- Proven constructive communication to management and staff on problems, ideas or any other insights to assist in defining new best operational practices.
- Possess reliable transportation, valid drivers' license and applicable vehicle insurance for business travel.