Director of Communications and Development
About the Tennessee Charter School Center
The Tennessee Charter School Center (TCSC) is a statewide charter school support organization. TCSC supports and cultivates high performing charter schools and advocates for autonomy, accountability and choice in public education.
The Director of Communications and Development will play an integral role in supporting both the work and sustainability of the Center by promoting both the charter school sector and Tennessee Charter School Center Organization. Reporting directly to the CEO. The director will represent the Center with all media relations, and develop and execute a strategic communications plan for the organization in three critical areas: Public Relations, Government Relations, and Stakeholder/Donor Relations, and will lead and participate in the execution of that plan.
The Director of Communications and Development will report directly to the CEO.
1. Develop and implement an integrated, organizationwide strategic communications plan to broaden awareness of the charter school sector and strengthen TCSC’s brand identity across
key stakeholder audiences including policymakers, donors, and the media.
2. Serve as the representative of TCSC with all media and public relations.
3. Identify challenges and emerging issues faced by the sector and organization. Work with staff to recognize internal and external communications opportunities and define and execute
appropriate strategies in response.
4. Execute swift and effective crisis/rapid response communication strategies and guide leadership through these events.
5. Support the fundraising goals of the center through the development of support materials and other strategic initiatives.
6. Oversee, or develop as needed, all copy, print, and branded materials, including research and talking points, intended for public consumption to ensure its alignment with the strategic communications plan.
7. Maintain and develop all channels of electronic communication, including TCSC’s website and social media and the databases to support them.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years experience in a communications role
- Experience managing and executing across several communications media
- Strong written communication skills, required
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, required
- Experience with WordPress, Facebook, Twitter and other social media required.
- Willing to execute day-to-day tasks and work independently
- Good entrepreneurial work ethic and a desire to “get the job done”
- Willingness to share own ideas, including amongst senior staff and board members
- Experience in government relations and/or development preferred
This position will be based in our Nashville office, with travel as needed statewide.
Competitive salary, dependent upon education and experience level negotiable.
How to apply
209 10th Avenue South, Suite 416, Nashville, TN, 37203, US