Center for Youth Wellness
Job Title: Director of Clinical Programs (Full Time-Exempt)
About the Organization:
The Center for Youth Wellness is part of a national effort to revolutionize pediatric medicine and transform the way society responds to kids exposed to adverse childhood experiences and toxic stress.
Led by founder and CEO, Dr. Nadine Burke Harris, we are a health organization within a pediatric home that serves children and families in the Bayview Hunters Point neighborhood of San Francisco. We were created to respond to an urgent public health issue: early adversity harms the developing brains and bodies of children.
We screen every young person we see for Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) that we know can lead to toxic stress and lifelong problems with health, wellness and learning. We heal children's brains and bodies by piloting treatments for toxic stress and sharing our findings nationally. We prevent toxic stress by raising awareness among those who can make a difference: from parents and pediatricians to policymakers.
Relevance of the Position:
The Director of Clinical Programs at the Center for Youth Wellness leads the clinical team to provide integrated behavioral health and wellness services in partnership with the Bayview Child Health Center (our primary care partner). As such, Director of Clinical Programs is responsible for seamless integration with the primary care home as well as the quality and efficacy of the delivery of our core services. Director of Clinical Programs is responsible for the supervision and management of all clinical staff and also manages the integration of the CYW clinical team with the primary care home. The Director of Clinical Programs also leads our effort to deliver core services and evaluate, track and improve outcomes for our patients. Through collaboration with the other CYW Directors, the Director of Clinical Programs ensures that the CYW offers a full suite of clinical interventions that will ultimately improve the health and well-being of children and adolescents exposed to Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs.)
1. Implement and oversee all core CYW services, including case management, psychotherapy, psychiatry, educational advocacy, home visitation, mindfulness, biofeedback and all other clinical and holistic wellness programs for the CYW. Implement and manage additional direct service programs targeted toward children and their families in San Francisco's Bayview Hunters Point neighborhood as needed.
2. Develop and oversee program budgets, staffing plans and program protocols for the CYW's clinical and wellness programs and work closely with the other CYW Directors to create and manage program operational plans, contract agreements and other deliverables required to successfully implement CYW's clinical programs.
3. Work in partnership with necessary content experts to ensure best practice, evidence-based clinical protocols for the effective treatment of the neurologic, physiologic and behavioral impacts of ACEs and toxic stress are integrated into all aspects of CYW programming.
4. Ensure effective and timely systems of communication and information exchange between CYW and our primary programmatic partner – the Bayview Child Health Center.
5. Build and manage a multi-disciplinary team of direct service providers including therapists, case managers, educational advocates and others as identified. Oversee supervision and training of clinical interns as needed.
6. Oversee both directly and through expert advisors and consultants, all compliance, ethical and legal issues related to the provision of core services offered at the CYW.
7. With other CYW Directors, identify and cultivate relationships with partner agencies for potential collaboration and/or referrals.
8. Successfully manage CYW clinical and wellness programs to meet stated outcomes and work to continually improve and expand service delivery for clients.
9. With other CYW Directors, perform regular program evaluation and work closely with our in-house research team to track the impact of CYW interventions on clients.
- Knowledge of best practices for treating and remediating the effects of ACEs on the developing brain and body of a child and adolescent, including but not limited to the following interventions: CCT, CPP, TFCBT, mindfulness, bio feedback and motivational interviewing.
- Knowledge of how adversity affects the physiology of a child and adolescent.
- Knowledge of the Bayview/Hunter's Point Community history and challenges and demonstrated cultural competency in working with this community.
- Knowledge of best practices and promising interventions in the area of holistic wellness.
- Knowledge of components of a trauma-informed system of care.
- Knowledge and understanding of how to track data to evaluate the efficacy and quality of clinical interventions.
- Knowledge of performance management practices.
- Knowledge of CQI, Continual Quality Improvement.
- Knowledge and understanding of all compliance issues related to running our clinical program, including, but not limited to HIPPA laws, accreditation, licensing issues and all other compliance related matters.
- Expertise in the area of child development.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in managing a multidisciplinary team to track, capture and achieve specific, clinical outcomes.
- Experience with implementing Integrated Behavioral Health Services.
- Experience with working a community-based setting, particularly with low-income communities of color.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in English and, preferably, Spanish.
- Demonstrated comfort with scientific literature and ability to use it to inform CYW clinical practices.
- Ability design and develop clinical protocols and continuously evaluate their efficacy.
Required Credentials & Licensure: MD, PsyD, NP or RN with experience with experience supervising a multi-disciplinary team including mental health personnel.
Reports to: The Director of Clinical Programs reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
Compensation: This is a full-time position. Salary based on experience and qualifications.
How to apply
How to apply: To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with "Director of Clinical Programs" in the subject line. No phone calls please.
3450 Third Street, Bldg #2A, Suite 201, San Francisco, CA, 94124, US