Reporting to the CEO, the Director will identify, plan and develop strategies and processes for the business’s common daily operations to ensure its financial needs and goals are met. Devises strategies for improvement throughout different departments such as human resources/legal, finance, and accounting. He/she will continue to build and manage effective and streamlined administrative/financial systems, including financial, accounting, legal, human resources (HR), and facilities infrastructure. Sets the rules, regulations and processes for employees and helps make company financial decisions on purchases and budgets.
• Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission — specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
• Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services (HR, Facilities and Finance), through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions.
• Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence.
• Oversee overall financial management, planning, systems and controls.
• Management of agency budget in coordination with the CEO.
• Development of individual program budgets
• Invoicing to funding sources, including calculation of completed units of service.
• Payroll management, including tabulation of accrued employee benefits.
• Disbursement of checks for agency expenses.
• Organization of fiscal documents.
• Regular meetings with CEO and Board around fiscal planning.
• Provides leadership and supervises, mentors, and evaluates assigned staff.
• Develops and maintains cooperative relationships with other departments on campus.
• Supports various Board committees including Executive, Finance, Audit, Property and Development.
Responsibilities by Function:
• Direct annual budgeting and planning process for the organization’s annual budget with CEO .
• Develop and manage annual budget.
• Oversee monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of organization’s financial performance against budget, financial and operational goals. Oversee short and long-term financial and managerial reporting.
• Managing day to day processing of accounts receivable and payable using QuickBooks, producing reports as requested.
• Reconciling monthly activity, generating year-end reports, and fulfilling tax related requirements.
• Assisting CEO and Board in creating annual organizational budget and monitoring cash flow.
• Oversee the investment of funds and manage associated risks.
• Supervise cash management activities.
• Execute capital-raising strategies to support organization’s expansion.
• Managing grantor contracts and reimbursement requests.
• Maintaining business and accounting files.
• Administering payroll and employee benefits and organizational insurance.
• Ensure that Accounting Department requests are resolved and communicated in a timely manner to internal and external parties.
• Develop long-range forecasts and maintain long-range financial plans.
• Develop, maintain and monitor all fundraising and accounting systems and procedures capturing all pledges, billings and receipts and for the recording of all revenue transactions, recommend and implement improvements to systems.
• Prepare annual audit and be a liaison with all outside vendor.
• Counsels and advises senior leadership including but not limited to CEO, Board Chairs, and Treasurer on fiscal administration.
• Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services through improvements to each function (HR, Facilities, and Finance) as well as coordination and communication between functions.
• Provides general direction and support to the HR manager or designee on payroll actions, classification, recruitment, employee grievances and other applicable issues to help execute for results and ensure compliance with Organization’s policies and procedures.
• Drive initiatives in the management team and organizationally that contribute to long-term operational excellence.
• Providing consulting services on matters related to fundraising, tax and insurance questions, and business structure and growth.
• Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the management team
• Implement goals and strategic plan action steps as related to finance and administration.
• Serve as primary liaison to legal counsel in addressing legal issues e.g. copyright, antitrust, governing instruments, partnerships, licensing etc.
• Oversee organizational insurance policies.
• Oversees daily activities of Maintenance Dept., which performs preventative, routine, and emergency maintenance for facilities.
• Ensure department carries out responsibilities in accordance with Organization’s policies and applicable laws.
• Enhance, develop, implement, and enforce policies and procedures of functional areas of responsibility to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
• Monitors expenditures and ensures compliance with Organization’s purchasing policy.
• Review vendor proposals and bids, ensuring plan(s) can meet the organization’s specifications.
• Supervise the facility maintenance safety program, training and inspections to ensure compliance with OSHA and Agency policies
• Work in partnership with Properties Committee and Facilities Manager to ensure maintenance, safety and security of facilities.
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, or finance.
• At least 8 years experience in Financial Management
• Strong background and work experience in Finance
• Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook, and QuickBooks
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• 5 plus years experience in bookkeeping
• Knowledge of government contract management.
• Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices.
• Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
• Budget development and oversight experience
• A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
• Knowledge of tax and other compliance implications of non-profit status
• Excels at operating in an fast pace, community environment
• Excellent people manager, open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
• Delegate responsibilities effectively
How to apply
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
131 N Grand Ave, San Pedro, CA, 90731, US