City Year is seeking an experienced, dynamic, resourceful, and creative self-starter for the position of Director of Business Administration. Reporting to the Chief Financial and Administrative Officer, the Director of Business Administration is responsible for overall office and business operations, including real estate and facilities management, vendor and contract management, and general administration. The Director of Business Administration will lead for flawless execution in a range of projects for the Finance Department at City Year.
Real Estate Management:
- Oversee all real estate assets including leased and owned properties. Work with senior management, facilities management, and external real estate consultants, including real estate brokers, attorneys, architects, interior designers, project managers, insurance brokers to effectively manage all real estate activities.
- Manage the flow contract documents to insure timely and proper execution; implement and maintain auto signature functionality.
- Establishing and evaluating third-party providers of goods and services, supervising day-to-day interactions and managing longer-term relationships, including negotiating and then monitoring the length and substance of contracts; maintaining contact with current vendors and reaching out to vendors with which the organization has not yet worked.
- Negotiate and manage all office equipment and furniture purchase and/or lease agreements; insure equipment and furniture is maintained properly and replaced timely.
- Administer the fleet of owned or leased vehicles, including negotiating favorable terms, insuring adequate insurance coverage, and developing and communicating policy
- Execute internal and external communication plan, including updating finance intranet site, crafting key communications to stakeholders and internal staff.
- Plan and facilitate all department meetings, including Board of Trustee committee meetings, and insure that all related meeting materials are of high quality and of a professional nature.
- Insure required state and local annual business filings are current at all time.
- Maintain and update financial policies and procedures as needed.
- Work with the CFAO to develop strategies to build and maintain effective teams, including implementing orientation programs, planning team-building activities, creating and scheduling information sharing sessions, etc.
- Directly manage facilities and finance operations team, including facilities manager, administrative assistant, and receptionist.
- 10+ years of professional experience in business administration positions spanning a broad range of responsibilities.
- Deep experience in project management, strategic planning, operations and people management.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills; ability to think both strategically and tactically.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and communication skills. Highly proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Energetic, resourceful and creative self-starter with the ability to achieve results independently and as a team player.
How to apply
Applications will be accepted until this position is filled. Qualified applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and references to Brandon Stephens, Director of Talent Acquisitions, at firstname.lastname@example.org, with "Director of Business Administration" in the subject line.
287 Columbus Avenue, Boston, MA, 02116, US