DIRECTOR OF ADMINISTRATION: Full position description attached at NELCWIT's Facebook.
This is a salaried exempt position scheduled for 35 hours a week, with required weekend and evening hours for fund development activities. The Director of Administration will work directly with the Executive Director and collaborate closely with Directors of Programs. This position is a member of the agency leadership team and effectively interfaces with all levels of the organization to coordinate and oversee the administrative management activities. Key responsibilities include: Personnel Management, Oversight of AP/AR and Payroll, Fund Development/Donor Relations, and Facility Management.
Organization Description: NELCWIT's mission is to work within the community to build safety, justice, and dignity for all. We offer shelter referrals, counseling, education/prevention, advocacy, children's visitation programming and economic empowerment initiatives to survivors of domestic and sexual abuse. As an antiracist, multicultural organization, NELCWIT also joins with and mobilizes other groups and individuals who are working to end domestic violence and sexual abuse, ensure human rights, and create social change. NELCWIT is a 5013c nonprofit organization. NELCWIT has a union. Direct service employees members of the local SEIU. The agency employs 13 FTE's, 5 Part Time, and 8 evening and weekend hotline and relief workers.
- Proficiency in Human Resource Management and preferred experience working with a union, Business or Nonprofit Administration with five years' experience in office/administrative management in a nonprofit organization.
- Demonstrated skills and mastery of nonprofit accounting and 2 years' experience managing payroll, account payables and benefit administration
- Exceptional verbal communication and writing skills demonstrated by writing samples at time of interview
- 2 or more years of experience working with individual donors and grant writing
- Candidates will be required to take proficiency tests in accounting and computer skills
- The successful candidate will have initiative and exceptional organization skills; capable of assuming significant responsibility and working independently
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office applications, Publisher, Access Data Base and Data Queries, excel and website maintenance
- Candidates must have a commitment to anti-racism organizational development and to ending violence and all forms of oppression through promoting social change.
Skills, Knowledge, and/or Abilities
- Knowledge and demonstrated success in accounting and record keeping practices, personnel management including legal requirements and labor relations.
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience writing or assisting with grant applications and the development of marketing materials.
- Knowledge on how to develop Human Resource Information System or a willingness to learn and help develop a new process.
- Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation/benefits administration, organizational planning, development and office administration.
- Must be accurate, efficient and comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities
- Superior interpersonal and coaching skills including patience and ability to work well with staff at all levels.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of NELCWIT.
How to apply
Send cover letter and resume that outlines your qualifications by October 10, 2013 to: NELCWIT, Hiring Committee Chair, Juan Carlos Aguilar, Director of Programs, PO Box 520, Greenfield, MA 01302 or Email: email@example.com NELCWIT is an equal opportunity provider and employer. People of color are encouraged to apply. AA/EOE/ADA
Juan Carlos Aguilar
479 Main St, PO Box 520, Greenfield, Massachusetts, 01302, United States