We are seeking a caring, organized, qualified and committed applicant who will continue to create a supportive community for our families and staff, and help us build on our programs to provide loving mentoring to all our children. The Director’s job is very multi-faceted and the candidate will need to be able to wear many hats at once while offering a calm presence in managing the center. Specifically, the Center Director will need to lead:
• Program Administration: Assume responsibility for the daily operation of the program; act as liaison between the board, the staff, and the families; attend monthly board meetings and report on enrollment, staffing, general state of affairs; maintain policies and procedures for program operation; and provide community outreach, being involved in relevant organizations and educational programs.
• Program Operation: Maintain Center License, and knowledge of CDD Regulations; maintain/increase STARS applications and ratings; oversee wait list, enrollment and registration; facilitate parent/teacher conferences; plan calendar, post and maintain a working calendar of program activities; maintain Emergency Plans; conduct and keep records of fire drills and emergency supplies; coordinate building and grounds maintenance; and arrange substitute coverage for teachers and other staffing needs.
• Program Development: Stay current on state and regional issues in early childhood education; encourage and provide opportunities for team building and staff collaboration; help build the vision for program development; and implement strategies to recruit and maintain enrollment including website, social media networks, and advertising.
• Office Duties/Delegated Duties: Manage accounts payable and receivable/reimbursements; collect tuition payments and subsidies; manage payroll/work with bookkeeper; maintain program supplies; maintain children’s records/forms/files; report annual immunizations; and field phone calls and emails.
• Budget Responsibilities: Formulate the budget with the committee each year; complete Subsidy Tuition Assistance on-line forms and submit bi-weekly; attend scheduled meetings with bookkeeper; maintain a system of prompt response to materials/equipment to be ordered for teachers; ensure the center is operating according to the budget; draft and submit grant applications and research additional funding possibilities.
Program Supervision: Draft and distribute a monthly newsletter for families; conduct staff meetings; arrange for/support teachers to attend at least 12 hours professional development annually; evaluate teachers annually; hire new staff- interview with current staff member(s), interview with Board/parents; evaluate new staff members informally at least once per month; maintain staff records; provide support for staff; maintain a visible presence to staff, children and families; and provide an exemplary model of appropriate behavior and language.
Thus, we are looking for a candidate with:
(1) Experience with and genuine care for young children and their families;
(2) A positive can-do attitude;
(3) Leadership and administration skills including the ability to manage a budget and submit grant proposals;
(4) Strong organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written); and
(5) A philosophy of working collaboratively with teachers, staff, children and families in our community.
The preferred qualifications for this position a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Education Administration, Childhood Development, or closely related field; at least three years of relevant experience in running/managing an early education center; and an Early Ed. License is preferred.
The position is approximately 45 hours per week, Monday – Friday, year-round, salaried. Benefits include vacation, holidays, sick/personal days. The Director reports to the Board of Directors.
If you would like to join our caring, supportive environment, please send a cover letter and resume to Ms. Thayer Tomlinson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that any applications that do not include both a cover letter and resume will not be considered.
861 Western Ave
Brattleboro, Vermont 05301