Neighborhood Schoolhouse has an opening for a director. This position is open until filled.
Recruitment, PR and front office operations. The director represents the school in the community, directs all fundraising and marketing, manages the budget, and reports to the board. Front office duties include managing forms, keeping records, communicating with the Neighborhood community, and plans events. This position collaborates with the Head Teacher who directs faculty and curriculum.
- Experience in educational leadership in small progressive, independent schools.
- A background/interest in nature and play-based education.
- A Masters degree in education, nonprofit management, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication skills. Detail oriented, while also able to build and hold a vision.
- Technology experience with Google Apps for Education, SalesForce, WordPress, social media and Website updating.
Salary, full benefits, full tuition remittance, negotiable time off in summer and flexible schedule.
Send PDF of resume, statement of educational philosophy, and a cover letter with the contact information of three references (and/or online portfolio link with the same) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Since 1980 Neighborhood has been inspiring a lifelong love of learning. We are a small, independent progressive preschool, kindergarten and elementary school in Brattleboro, Vermont. We offer an integrated curriculum for children ages 3 to 12. Our campus adjoins a protected 400-acre forest just a mile from downtown. The woods and gardens, spacious multiage classrooms, and surrounding neighborhood are all seamlessly integrated into a curriculum that emphasizes: Academic Readiness. Environmental Education. Community Awareness. More info: neighborhoodschoolhouse.com