Bethlehem University in the Holy Land seeks a full-time Annual Fund Development Officer to build and manage a comprehensive annual giving program. Located in our Washington, DC office, s/he will oversee and execute an annual giving program that includes the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of annual gifts from trustees, alumni, and friends through personal solicitations and direct mail, e-mail, phone and social media campaigns.
The position reports to the Assistant Vice President of Development in the North American Office and works closely with other members of the Development department located in Washington, DC and Bethlehem, Palestine.
- Grow and expand the Annual Fund; develop an annual fund giving society or club as a strategy for increasing donations;
- Organize cultivation opportunities and enhance donor stewardship activities;
- Cultivate alumni living in North America and serve as their contact for further University involvement;
- Provide follow-up communication with pilgrimage groups in order to cultivate their support for the University;
- Plan and implement special targeted fundraising projects & activities;
- Conduct prospect research and assist in targeting major gift/planned gift prospects;
- Assist with Foundation Board meetings and other advancement events;
- Track and report on fundraising efforts, serving as the Raiser’s Edge point person.
Candidates must have 3-5 years’ experience in university or non-profit fundraising with a proven track record of managing and building annual fund programs. This includes familiarity using multiple channels of communication, including but not limited to direct mail and social media. The successful candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree and fluency with prospect databases (Raiser’s Edge).
Some evening and weekend hours and travel may be required. This position requires high energy, strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to write in a persuasive manner, willingness to personally solicit gifts, comfort working with various types of constituents, and a sense of humor.
Please e-mail a cover letter, resume, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hecker Center, Suite 330, 3025 Fourth St., NE, Washington, District of Columbia, 20017, United States