Come work at the Vermont Land Trust (VLT), a nationally recognized organization that protects Vermont’s farms and forests. The full-time Development Manager, based in our Montpelier office, will:
- Spearhead the Annual Fund including direct-marketing appeals to a broad constituency.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate our donor cultivation and recognition programs.
- Analyze and report on return on investment for various VLT development programs, including direct marketing projects. Analyze and improve internal systems serving the needs of the development department.
- Work as a contributing team member, offer assistance and input as needed, and take initiative to make improvements.
We invite applications from candidates who have:
- A Bachelor’s degree and three to six years of relevant fundraising or program management experience;
- Strong database skills, the ability to handle multiple priorities, and engage in independent and group problem solving;
- Strong written and verbal skills. with focus on quality, detail, and customer service; and
- The ability to represent VLT and to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals and organizations.
We offer an annual salary of $42,840 with excellent benefits and a work environment that values service, trust, communication, fairness, community, and learning, and growth.
Application deadline is March 1, 2013. To apply, send a letter and resume to our Search Committee by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
VLT is a statewide, member-supported, nonprofit land conservation organization. Since 1977, the Vermont Land Trust has permanently conserved working farms, productive forestland, and community lands. This conservation work changes the lives of families, invigorates farms, launches new businesses, maintains scenic vistas, encourages recreational opportunity, and fosters a renewed sense of community.
VLT is an Equal Opportunity Employer