The Literacy Council of Montgomery County is seeking a high-energy, “can-do” fundraising professional for its newly created part-time Development Director position in Rockville. Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree, minimum of 3 years experience in nonprofit fundraising, proven track record of meeting fundraising goals, outstanding oral and written communication skills, strong computer skills including donor database, and knowledge of Montgomery County and the metro Washington area. Experience in grant writing, foundation relations and eTapestry database a plus.
Responsibilities may include:
- Create annual development plan and implement day-to-day development operations, working closely with Executive Director.
- Manage identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors and qualified prospects, including individuals, corporations, foundations and community-based organization (CBOs), to generate contributions, multi-year pledges, major gifts, in-kind donations and sponsorships.
- Cultivate relations by participating in outreach opportunities in the community.
- Strategically engage Board members and Executive Director in cultivation of donors and prospects.
- Manage the Literacy Council’s fundraising campaigns.
- Manage and conduct activities related to the eTapestry database including data entry, pledge management, creating queries, running reports and overall maintenance of the database.
- Write, prepare and distribute direct mail appeal letters, emails and social media posts, in conjunction with Public Relations Coordinator and Executive Director.
25 hours per weekschedule negotiable. Job hours may increase in the future. Company paid parking, paid time off and holidays. Opportunity to work with a highly-motivated, professional staff, a vibrant organization, and support adult literacy.
How to apply
To apply, send detailed cover letter, resume and salary expectations by October 25, 2013 to:
Martha E. Stephens, Executive Director
Literacy Council of Montgomery County
21 Maryland Avenue, #320
Rockville, MD 20850
Email to: email@example.com
Martha E. Stephens
21 Maryland Avenue, Suite 320, Rockville, MD, 20850, US