Title: Reports to:
Coordinator of Institutional & Individual Giving Executive Director
The Coordinator of Institutional & Individual Giving will manage the foundation, corporate and government funding programs as well as the annual appeal and other special appeals. The Coordinator will also oversee membership and special events and keep donor and prospect files current. Excellent writing, interpersonal and organizational skills are required. The Coordinator of Institutional & Individual Giving will assist the Executive Director with major gifts and work closely with NYC Audubon’s board of directors.
- - Write grant proposals, reports, letters of inquiry, and acknowledgment letters for foundations, corporate, and government funding sources
- - Maintain contact with funders to communicate progress, arrange site visits, and explore funding opportunities. Assist with researching new prospects.
- - Implement annual appeal and other special appeals as needed.
- - Coordinate Fall Roost benefit.
- - With Executive Director, coordinate membership and fundraising outreach
- - Help prepare and analyze donor reports, including identifying and ranking prospective donors.
- - Attend Fundraising Committee meetings and other board meetings as needed
- - Oversee donor database systems.
- - Supervise p/t administrative assistant responsible for recording gifts and generating acknowledgements in a timely manner
- - Prepare routine reports
- - With program staff, plan member events and other member services
- - Bachelor’s degree
- - At least two years experience working in a non-profit setting, development preferred.
- - Demonstrated speaking and writing skills.
- - Demonstrated competence in managing database systems
- - Passion for the NYC Audubon mission
Salary: $40 – 50 K, depending on experience
- Benefits: Medical & Dental, generous vacation.
Application Deadline: May 1 Start Date: Immediate
How to apply: Please submit a letter of interest and resumé to:
Glenn Phillips, Executive Director New York City Audubon
71 West 23rd Street, Room 1523 New York, NY 10010 firstname.lastname@example.org
Glenn Phillips, Executive Director