Development & Communications Associate
Business Center for New Americans, New York City
The Business Center for New Americans (BCNA) is a non-profit that creates a pathway to self-sufficiency and wealth creation for immigrants, refugees, women and others by providing access to capital, specialized training, technical assistance and personalized coaching. BCNA is a Small Business Administration (SBA) Approved Intermediary Lender and certified as a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) by the CDFI Fund at the US Department of Treasury. As of September 30, 2013, we have made over $11 million in microloans which range from $500 to $50,000. We also have an Individual Development Account (IDA) Program and a First Home Program. www.nybcna.org
The Business Center for New Americans (BCNA) is currently looking for a full time Development Associate. A major goal of the person in this position is to diversify the funding sources and help to develop and implement an effective communications strategy. This is an opportunity to join a unique organization at a pivotal moment, develop creative new initiatives, and grow organizational capacity and efficacy.
- Oversee all development for The Business Center for New Americans, including major donor, foundation, direct mail, special events and online fundraising activities.
- Create, update and coordinate implementation of annual development plan which correlates with a communications strategy
- Work with executive director and board chair to expand individual donor base
- Maintain grant calendar and submit grant proposals and reports in a timely fashion.
- Identify and research new foundation prospects.
- With executive director, work to ensure that funding levels and sources are consistent with organization's strategic goals.
- Ensure good organizational relationships with all funders.
- Assist with the organization's communication plan including media outreach, marketing and branding concepts, collateral materials, presentations and Web site management plan, and to be able to respond to media requests in a timely manner.
At least two to three years experience as a development professional in a nonprofit organization. Successful track record in securing grants from foundations and donors
Ability to set and meet goals, prioritize, plan, and manage work independently
Creativity and innovation
Strategic thinking skills
Excellent writing and presentation skills
Enthusiasm for building new development capacity and programs
COMPENSATION: Competitive salary commensurate with experience and beginning in the mid-$40ks. Benefits include: 3 week vacation; 12 paid holidays 2 personal days, health and dental insurance with employee participation, and employer contribution to 401 3 B plan. BCNA is an equal opportunity employer and the board of directors and staff value diversity in all aspects of employment.
How to apply
BCNA is an equal opportunity employer. Send resume and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Business Center for New Americans
120 Broadway; Suite 230
New York, NY 10271
120 Broadway, Suite 230, New York, NY, 10271, US