Reports To:Associate Manager, Development Communications
Status:Full-Time, Regular, Exempt
StoryCorps' Development Department works to secure revenue for the organization through foundation and government grants, corporations, and individuals. The Development Associate, Communications will provide key support to StoryCorps' Development function, particularly in the areas of data management, donor communications, and administration.
The Development Associate, Communications will be responsible for managing the development database, including accurate and timely processing of all donations, regular and ad-hoc reporting and data analysis, and maintenance of database procedures for the department. S/he will also promptly send all acknowledgements, and will reconcile donations with the Finance Department. The Associate also performs various additional duties to support the Development Department, as assigned, including, scheduling meetings, assisting with proposals, conducting prospect research, and assisting with board relations management, etc. The Associate reports to the Associate Manager, Development Communications, and also takes direction from the Associate Directors for Institutional and Individual Giving.
StoryCorps records, shares, and preserves stories from a diverse range of American voices – from our Griot Initiative to preserve stories of African Americans, to our Historias Initiative to collect the experiences of Latinos. Candidates with experience supporting diversity and social justice-oriented organizations are strongly encouraged to apply.
Excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan, Employee Assistance Plan, pre-tax transit benefits, and paid time off (vacation, sick leave, personal days, and holidays).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process all donations and donor-related data into donor database
- Send and proof all acknowledgements for Development Department
- Design and maintain donor database procedures for gift acknowledgments, solicitations, membership structures, benefit and premium fulfillments, cultivation, and special event tracking, with input from Associate Directors for Institutional & Individual Giving
- Create report templates for the tracking of annual department goals
- Work closely with the Finance Department to reconcile donations
- Work with Development senior management to create and maintain income metrics and campaign analysis
- Evaluate and investigate improvements in development operations as they relate to the database
- Serve as departmental contact for all corporate matching gift programs
- Work with Development senior management on data analytics
- Assist in scheduling of department meetings, as necessary
- Manage miscellaneous department expenses
- Perform other duties to support the External Relations division, as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree, or high school diploma/equivalency plus four (4) years of relevant work experience
- 2-3 years of experience in Development (preferred), or a related field
- Experience using databases to create and run reports and analyze information
- Strong computer skills, with expert proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word and Excel)
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and multi-tasking ability
- Strong time-management skills and ability to uphold deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in order to contribute to problem-solving activities within a growing, changing organization
- Cultural competence and the ability to work successfully with diverse groups of people.
- Experience with fundraising databases, e.g. Raiser's Edge, e-Tapestry, etc. (preferred)
- Proficiency on a Mac platform
- Experience creating mail merges from data spreadsheets.
How to apply
To apply, please send cover letter and resume firstname.lastname@example.org and include your last name and "Development Associate, Communications" in the subject line. Include your cover letter and resume as attachments entitled "YourNameLetter" and "YourNameResume." In your cover letter, please tell us how you found out about this opportunity and whether you have applied for a position at StoryCorps in the past. The position will remain open until filled; please apply early. No calls please.
StoryCorps seeks to hire staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. All positions at StoryCorps are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.
80 Hanson Place 2nd Floor, Brooklyn, NY, 11217, US