Join a team of dedicated scientists, operations and development professionals at ALS Therapy Development Institute (ALS TDI)working urgently to identify therapeutics for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Lou Gehrig's disease.
The Development Associate will partner with various Development Directors who are working with ALS patients and families to create fundraisers and activities to advance the Institute's sole mission: end ALS. Reporting to the Vice President of Development, the Development Associate will be cross trained in lead/prospect research, cultivation and stewardship, as well as fundraising event creation and promotion.
- Become expert in the development process at ALS TDI and gradually take on greater responsibility from supporting development efforts to leading some developing efforts
- Research 200+ leads and prospects monthly, develop prioritization system and work with the Institute's Development Directors to cultivate potential donors
- Assist the Development Director for Lead Management in scoring incoming leads and recording or tracking assignments and progress
- Assist the Development Director for Stewardship in creating and fulfilling stewardship needs for the more than 300 Family Funds at ALS TDI.
- Assist the Development Director for Brand Promotions and their team in developing and executing Community Event and Signature Event programming
- Support other ALS TDI development initiatives as appropriate/necessary
- Travel as necessary (approximately10% of work time)
- 1-3 years of experience fundraising in a nonprofit environment with a focus on grassroots and online programs
- Commitment to and passion for ALS TDI's mission and ability to translate programs into compelling fundraising appeals.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PPWT, etc), Sales Force (or a similar fundraising software) and experience with Internet search tools and tactics.
About ALS Therapy Development Institute
The mission of the ALS Therapy Development Institute (ALS TDI) is to develop effective therapeutics that slow or stop amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS, Lou Gehrig's disease), as soon as possible. Focused on meeting this urgent, unmet medical need, ALS TDI executes a robust discovery program, while running the world's largest efforts to pre-clinically validate potential therapeutics; including small molecules, protein biologics, gene therapies and cell-based constructs. The world's first nonprofit biotech, ALS TDI has developed an industrial-scale platform that allows for the development and testing of dozens of potential therapeutics each year. Built by and for patients, the Institute is the world's only nonprofit biotechnology company with more than 30 professional scientists. In addition, the Cambridge, Massachusetts based research Institute collaborates with leaders in both academia and industry to accelerated ALS therapeutic development. For more information, please visit us online at www.als.net.